Republic of Ireland WNT - We're all part of Vera and Tony O'Donoghues Army

1 Like

Where is Eileen Gleeson from? Heard her interviewed after a recent ROI WNT NL fixture vs NI and it seemed to be a strange mish mash of Dublin, Liverpool, Birmingham and Aussie.

Good luck to her. The team have played decent football since she took over and she seems to have the minerals to manage the more aggressive lesbians in her charge.

Would you say she was a particular mineral of the earth?

I’d say she’d be from a Peter Reid or Sam Allardyce school of player management rather than a continental, disciplinarian sort like Fabio Capello; would you agree @Bandage?

Thanks for clarifying, MBB.

You were wrong @TreatyStones. As I was saying, Eileen was involved in Pauw’s set up.

1 Like

You’re right. We are both better off being wrong on this.

Have they no seeding in the wimmins?

They are after getting France, England and Sweden in their qualifying group for the euros :see_no_evil::see_no_evil:

I see tis some sort of nations league style format and as a team in the top tier they’ll get a chance to qualify even if they finish bottom.

Very tough group. Thanks for updating us.

When they end up begging Stephen Kenny to come back for the mens. The wimmins Euros in Switzerland might be our best chance of getting our shoes off in a group setting again for a while

We’ll walk this

Karma for their cunt acting during and after the WC.

1 Like

They have absolutely no chance of coming out of that group. It will be interesting to see how this goes now.

Jon Stewart Lol GIF by The Problem With Jon Stewart

Drawn against the world’s 3rd, 4th & 5th ranked teams, sure that wouldn’t happen in the Euros or World Cup itself, nevermind the qualifying.

Awfully poor display by Eileen Gleeson’s charges in France.

1-0 down at half time. Playing 5 at the back (4 centre backs among them) & everyone else back on the edge of the box too. Just kicking it away & then defending the next wave.

I was watching it with the 6 year old and even she walked away from it. The 2nd round of the McCalmount Cup would be better viewing than that.

That pundit Lisa ? (who is/was one of the coaches with Michael ONeill for Northern Ireland) just said that maybe instead of launching it forward to Carusa who’s completely isolated we could launch it forward AND out of play instead. At least that way we could push up a bit before they get to take the throw.

3 Likes

@Bandage wants us to play france like a stephen kenny side… we’re gonna fight like fuck and hope to nick a goal.