Retiring GAA Stars tribute thread - May cause brain/neck damage

A sad day for Kilkenny and therefore, the world.

As a taxpayer and by extension a stakeholder in the state owned Bank of Ireland, I’m less than happy about all of this business being conducted during working hours.

But if it’s business, then surely it should be conducted during working hours?

Hurling business should not be conducted during banking hours, all the more so if its a state owned bank.

Shefflin’s press conference created media interest and thus more clickbait thus more advertising thus more customers thus more jobs thus more money in the economy thus a higher multiplier effect thus economic growth thus closing the budget deficit thus our German paymasters get their money back thus the Germans will be more inclined to give the banks more money thus the banks are in a healthier position thus the share price of Bank Of Ireland will rise thus increasing your dividend thus making you richer.

You think they charged Henry Shefflin?

Tubridy on Friday or O’Connor on Saturday ??

You’d imagine so.

Graham could be a possibility to feature as well if he’s acquitted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lj-jBg4_uBc

does he not work for New Holland Finance, a subsidiary of Bank of Ireland? Sorting out money being spent by roasters buying tractors.

Why would you assume that he didn’t take a days leave?

it wouldnt make it a “humorous” quip then obviously.

What? His unbelievable performance that people always talk about was a few frees and doing two good things from play

if he took a days leave to announce he is giving up (his hobby) he is a bigger fucking ape than i thought

End of March around the corner, maybe he had a day to use up and what better way to do so than in front of the full glow of the media as they bow down at his feet?

Do we have anyone here working for BOI who can clear this up?

He definitely works for BOI in some way

Would this be an area you could put in one of those FOI - Freedom of Information requests, to get clarification on?

Would you know where to send the request?

He thanked BOI in his retirement speech anyway. I’m nearly sure though I saw him working for New Holland doing the finance for them, but that it was part of BOI. Maybe that has changed and he is just with BOI now.