Retiring GAA Stars tribute thread - May cause brain/neck damage

She would be a roughish bird that you would do or even a decent looking bird if she didn’t have male arms with sleeve tattoos.

Probably quite a bit. The Monday Club is really popular there

It’s known as a rough auld spot TMH isn’t it, a fella got stabbed in there a few months back I remember reading.

Valerie Mulcahy doesn’t have sleeve tattoos mate. Are you thinking of Aisling Thompson the Cork camogie player?

I stand corrected…you know your camogie pal.

Aisling Thompson I was defintely referring to.

Maroon & white has been brought in for questioning

There’s two Corbett’s bars in Thurles and that was the other one the stabbing was in I’m fairly sure. I’ve never been there on a Monday night myself but they get a lot of buses from all around the county there for Monday club and are very good at promotions and things like free bars and that. Thurles in general is a rough-ish town but I don’t think Lar’s has too bad a reputation

Informative rating

You’re only guessing? Have you ever heard of him before?

Any sign of Lar catching your man that robbed the place? Any money for all his auld guff he won’t release the chap’s name once he gets it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzSgzHu4Q5g

My sources in Thurles tell me that the burglar had a key and also the code to the office. The reason he had a bag was for bags of change that are typically in the middle drawer of a desk. Turns out there was €15k there that hadn’t been banked…,…

A disgruntled employee also got the bullet the week before…so I’m sure they have narrowed it down at this stage.

Rumours in Thurles that the original Twitter poster is also on the wanted list.

€15k, oh lord. I saw something the other night of pictures of these bus loads of rough looking clientele with the caption “Heading to Lar’s for the Monday club” or something to that effect. Buses full of these people heading to Thurles on a Monday. It must be some scene in there on Monday’s. A bit like a rip-off of Wetherspoon’s.

He said there was a weeks takings stolen. Would 15k for a weeks takings be right? Seems low I’d have thought. And if it was right why would you give away a third of it as a reward? Something very fishy going on here I’d say.

2 Likes

Ah yeah, the bus is sent around the county to pick up young wans for the session.
Sheedy saw all of this coming down the line. Work reasons my hole.

I believe there was money in other drawers that the burglar failed to open.

:grinning::grinning::grinning:

No way a bog standard pub in Thurles would take on average €15k a week IMO. If there was a big Munster championship match fair enough but in an ordinary week i’d say definitely not.

I thought we already identified that this isn’t a bog standard pub. If there’s lads being bussed the length and breadth of the county for a Monday club then that in itself should be worth a small fortune to him on a day when most pubs can barely justify opening.

1 Like