Dotsy O’Callaghan

David Callaghan

David O’Callaghan.

David “Dotsy” O’Callaghan

3 Likes

The Midget Dublin Forward.

:grinning:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DN9swD9XkAAvHMQ.jpg:large

Dotsy was never mad for the gym I’d say judging from the picture on Buffs page today.

Dotsy’s best years were in Tommy Naughtons time before Anthony Daly arrived. He pretty much carried the Dublin forward line for a few years. He had some great days under Daly particularly the draw and replay v Kilkenny in 2013 However the 2 man full forward line which Daly employed didn’t really suit him and he spent a fair bit of time being double marked. A good servant to both Dublin hurling and football and an absolute gentleman.

6 Likes

Seems like a good 'un

Tell me no statement as well and he’s a fucking hero.

1 Like

I haven’t seen one anyway. It wouldn’t really be his style.

Thats what i would have thought and hope.

Does he have s twitter?

I doubt it very much

They were rared differently than that in Tallagh

Apart from the statement he published on the Dublin GAA website of course

1 Like

Camross’ Denis Bastick has retired at age 36. A headcase for much of his career, learning to control himself saw him land 5* Celtic Crosses, fair fucks to him for that.

Micko never saw it in him, turned him away on more than one occasion when he made attempts to play for Laois in the mid 2000’s.

Well done Denis.

*Thats 5 more than ol shovel handed wheelie bin.

Surely he made a statement mate ??

Camross??

Denis’ folks are from Camross.

Oh he did yea.

Can’t say I was ever a huge fan of Bastick. He came to prominence in a time when Dublin were short of classic midfielders, and through pure hard work he kept himself in the mix. I assume, given his age, he was putting in extra work but he also had a young family, was working in bank and studying for an MBA at the time. So huge respect there. Ability wise, his kicking wasn’t great but he did the dirty jobs that Gavin needed and set behaviour standards for others to follow.

3 Likes

Dublin great Denis Bastick (on the left with the can of budweiser) celebrating Laois’ Leinster win in 2003