Retiring GAA Stars tribute thread - May cause brain/neck damage

There is nothing to really stop a goal keeper making one of those up field breaks you see so regularly from corner backs now. The lad who stands in to replace him in goals is at no real disadvantage as to what he can do if they do they caught on the break.

Play your best forward in goals and guarantee him space

Makes sense when you actually type it.

All thats stopping him is confidence, ability, fitness & permission. Obviously most goalies are stone useless out the field, but there’s one or two who have it in them to do it, and the role is changing so much now that your bog standard shite goalie is dying out, and more and more will have it in them, if given the nod from the sideline. Kerry have been notoriously shaky at the back in recent years, I’d say Fitzmaurice would have loved to try it.

One of Meaths all time top scorers could start Championship matches in goals for them next year.

I beliece some players and managemebt were really in favour.
To me it was a no brainer to try.

I fet the feeling it was him hims3lf that resisted, but thats a guess reading between the lines

Benny Gallen, the Tyrone u21 keeper scored from play for his club in Championship this year. Think he then got caught out in the subsequent semi final when way up the field.

Rory Beggan scored a point from play for Scotstown this year I think

Keppers would then need to train with the outfield players when the hard work is being done rather than fannying around throwing the ball to each other.

Many younger keepers do this now. The days of the stone useless fat cunt is dying out thankfully.

In GAA parlance, “elegant” is code for “fat, slow and shit”.

5 Likes

The internet is a cruel mistress.

That’s a clamping

Steven Clynch I see issuing a retirement statement on twitter. I suppose it needed to be done in fairness.

I genuinely have never heard of him in my life.

He’s the gender fluid person

Me either pal. 15 years he played tho. Retirement statement fully required.

Glas?

15 years hurling for Meath, respect where its due alright.

Surely he should just play women’s GAA then, rather than giving up altogether? The standard is shit.

Oh, I see he played for Meath hurlers. Maybe he’d be better off retiring, actually.

1 Like