Retiring GAA Stars tribute thread - May cause brain/neck damage

@anon32894817 has ye all hopping like sausages in a pan with his piss taking

4 Likes

He is winning ok .

I deflected attention away from the drug scandal and got myself removed from a fantasy nfl I’d no interest in. Its a huge week for me as I’m heading back to college after three years mia. My time has come.

2 Likes

I would rate Ollie better, 2 fine players

Adrian Mullen

1 Like

Best of luck in the return to education.

It’ll make you a more rounded individual I’ve no doubt

2 Likes

I don’t think Dodge is the best Limerick player not to win an All-Ireland, but I do think that he will become underrated as time goes on. He was class.

As for Moran, a serious serious footballer, one of the best scoring forwards I’ve seen. I don’t know about the best player of recent times not to win an All-Ireland though.

Return?!

Ciarán Carey would be the most naturally brilliant Limerick hurler that I’ve seen that didn’t win an All Ireland. The auld lad often eulogised about his fellow 'Well man, the late great Leonard Enright but that was before my time

1 Like

I only saw the latter end of Ciarán’s career.

Shaughs, Ollie or Reale for me but Dodge wouldn’t be too far behind.

You must be a fierce young fella

I’m getting on now, 9 years out of minor :grimacing:

And it’s not close

He was gifted, at his peak he was unstoppable, a once in a lifetime player

Kirby and Foley were next best but they weren’t near as good

Easily the best Limerick player in my time watching the game and I find it very hard to see how any old timers were remotely close to him

2 Likes

Ah sure I’m ten years your senior :joy:

29 here .

Of the 1996 team there were serious players. Mcdonagh , Carey , Foley and houlihan . Team lacked forwards maybe .

Ger Hegarty from 1987 to 1992 was really brilliant ( way better than gearoid ) . He was jinxed with injuries . He was great in 1994

The initial comment was about Limerick players this century… over Apple’s lifetime.

Spot on. Carey was levels above everyone else, a generational talent, he was incredible. Cian lynch is not yet as good as him but he often looks like Carey on the pitch, moves like him and sees and does things that other players can’t.

1 Like

Ross Munnelly