Retiring GAA Stars tribute thread - May cause brain/neck damage

Some servant.

You’d like to think he might still win one, but I just can’t see it happening

1 Like

Lynch is nothing like Carey… He’s way more polished… Carey was a maverick… He was a great player but could look awkward soloing the ball, had a big swing… Lynch is far tidier…

Every player nowadays is more polished than any 90s hurler, modern coaching means the levels are completely different. The game is different. But I’m sure anyone who has seen both can see similarities. Seeing things other players don’t see, handpasses and flicks that other players can’t do. Carey was big into handpasses and flicks to a player in space in an era where everyone else was all about driving it 80 yards down the field.

1 Like

I see it most when Lynch is in full flight soloing, and sometimes the strike can be similar

Ciaran’s daughter has the exact same stride as her dad, it’s uncanny. There was a pic doing the rounds few years ago of her on a solo, and one of her dad in the exact same stride.

:wheelchair:

Did Carey hit opposing club players across the arm with his hurl the same way Lynch does?

Yes, only harder.

1 Like

Does Padraig Walsh hit refs across the nose with hurleys the way Tommy used to?

1 Like

Is Tommy Padraigs uncle as well as brother :eek:

Tullaroan is practically in Tipp sure

I wonder who i’m gonna go for in this …

Have ye played off the club Championship yet?

1 Like

They are only flicks, Carey pulled

1 Like

Only reason it was so bad was cause Lynch’s wrist are so good it hit GOM at a ferocious pace. Twas only a flick otherwise :rofl:

https://streamable.com/zvbuc

1 Like

GerCaff

A bombscare even on one of his middlin’ days. May have acquired an All-Star award, a fitting example of a faulty process.

1 Like

Ah here :joy::joy::joy:

Killian Young Kerry. I’m going to miss this guy. Any time you’d see him named you knew there was a handy 1-3 in the post for a Dublin Corner Forward.