Retiring GAA Stars tribute thread - May cause brain/neck damage

I never heard of this lad before. Seven All Ireland medals came on as a sub in five finals apparently.

How do they say his name in Dublin.

Darden is it?

Daddin in north side

Dorren in south side

18 Likes

Can’t be far off a book here either.

“Irritating Splinters, the view from the bench”…the autobiography of a permanent sub.

6 Likes

Fair play to him. Made the most of himself and has a great set of medals to show for it. I think he is married to a sister of Paul Flynn. Would have found it harder to break through than most as he is from a smallish club in rural Dublin. I think he was part of a group that won a junior AI around 08 with Bastick and O Gara. It’s a shame that junior football and inter hurling gave gone. Great pathway for lads from small clubs.

He only came on in all Ireland finals from what I can tell. Hardly saw a minute the rest of the year

A man for the big occasion.

One of Jim’s most trusted lieutenants :clap:

1 Like

Not even the most famous Fingal Raven…

2 Likes

Jaysus did he come on in 5 All-Ireland finals? You’d hardly notice him in any of them.

I’m open to correction but I don’t think he made the 26 last year even, but up to that he was a constant figure on All Ireland Final day.

Was he in a punch up in a practice match against Armagh or someone a few years ago?

No that was Davey Byrne.

Davey Byrne from Ballymun that was, not the Davy Byrne who’s played corner back a nice bit in the last few years.

Jesus Davy Byrne looks harmless enough to be up to that kind of blaggarding.

Makes more sense alright that it was the other Davy Byrne😂

1 Like

This was incredible.

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

1 Like

Is that his only ever touch of a ball in a senior championship game?

More All Ireland medals than touches

1 Like

Seven All-Ireland’s, playing in five, and I’ve no idea who he is.