Retiring GAA Stars tribute thread - May cause brain/neck damage

Well I dont think I qualify as a Limerick lassie as I’m not female. That’s the only disqualification however.

If a fella can’t win his own ball where are you going like?

1 Like

Are you actually from Limerick? Did you move in from Clare?

He’s kin

I never particularly liked him as a fella, but Nash was box office. He was excellent at puck outs and a very good shot stopper but, particularly in 2013, when Cork got a free in or around the 21, there was incredible drama every time. I’ll never forget the sight of him blasting it past about 10 Clare lads in the replay. We need more goals and we need more attempts at goals in our game and Nash certainly brought that.

3 Likes

100% born and bred. It was @Thomas_Brady is from Clare but moved into Limerick

I’m sure you used to identify as a Clare man. Go and check for me.

not under this login

No you were definitely a Clare man previously. I’m certain of it.

Galway’s loss is Googlebox’s gain.

3 Likes

Sportsfile weren’t so kind

Well done James .

Ah in fairness to him, he stopped Flanagan in 2018 from putting us around 10 points up. The seven or eight minutes he was down sparked the comeback

2 Likes

what was the year Galway started him in the final and his shoulder was nearly hanging off - ended up been substituted , should never have started

2012 replay.

1 Like

act of madness, callinan was around then as well as back up?

Nope. Callanan wasn’t on the panel at all that year I don’t think.

Fergal Flannery came on in the final.

1 Like

In a related matter, I once saw a now ex Galway senior hurling goalie piss all over the floor of The Hurlers following an LIT Fitzgibbon Cup win one night in the mid noughties. A former Kilkenny hurler turned brand ambassador also did the deed.

Is he a littlewoods mannequin?