Retiring GAA Stars tribute thread - May cause brain/neck damage

Can’t wait till the black and amber unearth a superstar and show these Johnny come latelys the natural order of things.It’s only a matter of time.
I’m getting some laugh reading the comments on here from a county that has 9/10 AI’s over 100 plus years!

Watery auld spunk will always be that

2 Likes

Could be a New World Order pal. The hurlers, ball, athleticism have changed the picture. Its going to become more of a numbers game. Ronan Lynch isn’t an inter county player, the game may have changed.

Sharp first touch, not necessarily the most artful plus striking and an engine is king now.

Limerick and Cork are possibly set to dominate.

I must add, Hannon, Lynch, Peter Casey are beautiful hurlers.

Our most naturally talented stickman didn’t even make a theoretical City division under 26 section

2 Likes

Hannon, Lynch and Peter Casey all retired?

Wouldn’t agree to be honest,past performance is and has always been the best barometer for future success.
It applies to all walks of life.

If I was ye lads,I’d be crowing like a horny Jack Russell as well but in the back of my mind I’d know that when the big 3 get their shit together, and they will,I’d resign myself to watching rather than participating.
No shame in that,in fairness.

2 Likes

There was a year when Philly was in hard luck not to get FOTY possibly an odd scrape or two went against him, cannot recall which year

2 Likes

not really , the ballymun towers came down and Philly had to succumb as well

Philly was a super footballer end of, unsure what all the carry on about Ballymun towers, unpromising odds, lugs branigan hyberbole is about and how necessary it is

FFS he is hardly the first sportsman to come out of a working class area

It is a fair shot at Ballymun to be portraying it as a miracle that a decent sportsman came out out of it

1 Like

You’re right in some ways but then Limerick has never punched its weight, till now! I think the feeling that they should have got KK out of there in 14 and the exceptional generation changed it a lot. That Munster 13 final team meant a lot.

Dowling and Hannon were huge actually.

Would you rather be Limerick or KK into the future?

I think it’s tight, a lot of youth have really identified with the hurlers.

Ballymun was underclass more than working class …He’s probably the first sportsman from ballymun flats? … he could have easily followed the path of his brother…
I listened to him on a podcast recently … he had a lovely saying “kids in sports avoid the courts “ .

3 Likes

Philly really was something in his pomp.

He stood for something far greater than just a corner back on a Gaelic Football team.

He carried an aura and mystique around with him that I doubt we’ll see again. The time he scored the point in the 2015 final was one of those iconic moments we’ll never forget. Gooch looking round wondering “what the fuck is happening here” really added to the glory of it all.

4 Likes

Another great moment of 2015 match was under the cusack stand when Darren o Sullivan took off on a solo run and jack mccaffrey sprinted after , they were like two gazelles and the whole crowd were in awe …

1 Like

They were simply incredible times.

When there were proper Hall of Famers knocking around.

I was looking at the All Ireland Football Final this year and I’d never heard of a load of lads playing.

3 Likes

no they dont always, plenty people in sport end up in court for off field violence many whom are not from you refer to as “underclass” areas

we have had successful Olympians from working class areas , soccer internationals any amount of them

as for underclass your terminology not mine and one I dont recognise

1 Like

He had that moment , performance in 2015 but he was moving even better in seasons running up to that

Kerry havent had as good a strong man defender or footballing defender in years, I am sad to say

1 Like

He was a better wing back than corner back but could man any position from 2 to 7, in fact I reckon he could play 8 to 12 too

‘The TFK Buff’ is out again tonight and it’s absolutely ICONIC

This is a fair load of piss and wind.

“Oh yeah, well enjoy beating the absolute shit out of everyone and winning absolutely everything, ye may aswell rub everyone’s nose in it while ye can cos when we get going, ye’ll be finished. Ye never won fuck all and now ye’re full of it”

1. We are enjoying beating the shit out of everyone :heavy_check_mark:

2. We are winning everything :heavy_check_mark:

3. We are rubbing every cunts nose in it :heavy_check_mark:

4. We’re rubbing every cunts nose in it precisely because we’ve never won fuck all before :heavy_check_mark:

Jesus Christ. :rollseyes: Do try and keep up dumb dumbs

In the back of my mind, I know ye won’t be troubling us anytime soon anyway sport, limited hurlers and hard triers, but we know well that doesn’t get you any cigar. Sit the fuck back and enjoy the show and don’t forget your manners at the end, clap and say thank you. We’re in charge now.

1 Like

Hurling has changed forever, it’s a completely different sport now. The days of the big 3 ffs, Cork haven’t won since 2005. Limerick have raised the bar and should/may win a few more AIs this decade, but won’t last much longer at the level they are at. IC game needs to go semipro.

In fairness Limerick know they’re in a very weak era. Not their fault but they’re a very average team that are collecting All Irelands

2 Likes