Retiring GAA Stars tribute thread - May cause brain/neck damage

There’s some amount of gimps running those fan pages

4 Likes
3 Likes

Never heard of him.

1 Like

A beautiful footballer

1 Like

Mercurial in his day - just imagine if he’d been born in Bohola. Mayo would have won 6.

2 Likes

He’d need to be from Ballintubber or Breaffy. Bohola would never get him noticed

2 Likes
8 Likes

Fecking legend Jonny

10 Likes

First saw him play at 6 for the Dublin u16 hurlers in the Arrabawn in 2005.

Always knew he was a great bit of stuff.

Proper hall of famer.

7 Likes

Good man Jonny, enjoy the retirement

A great warrior for Dublin. A great club man too. I can remember very few forwards getting the better of him bar Clifford in 2019 and there is no shame in that.

6 Likes

It will be Na Fianna’s gain.

If they could get over the line in Dublin who knows how far they could go.

2 Likes

Ah no, loved watching Jonny play. He could play ball, could carry, could scrap, could play it anyway you like. Thanks for everything JC.

5 Likes

The last line is quite partridgey

1 Like

Ah no, partridgey would have been to take a shot at some enemies, going on about his medals. He just thanked people

“And to the Mayo lads with no medals, and the Kerry lads who managed one, and never really beat us, thanks for the memories, we had some great battles.”

A nice nod to Buff Egan there.

1 Like

No the thing about locking things away and the worlds greatest thief. He got carried away with himself. Hell get a bit of bantz over it from the lads I’d say

He was a right good footballer and with the Clifford roasting aside I’m at a loose end to recall anyone getting the better of him. He probably didn’t endear himself to opposing supporters but that wasn’t his problem. A great servant in fairness but Father Time catches them all.

5 Likes