Retiring GAA Stars tribute thread - May cause brain/neck damage

No, he hates McStay

Well the two things could be true.

if it wasn’t for the slit season he’d give it one more year I’m told.

I think I remember an interview when he said he was concentrating on rugby up until he was 19/20, he was good at final year u21.

Keegan was one of the greatest to ever do it. And the greatest to never win it. Without question.

12 Likes

He’s only human so

Stick up a team of lads who never won an all Ireland. Maybe 1990 to now.

Roy just gets it.

13 Likes

Hard to not to be moved by that

2 Likes

The only player within a mile of him in the last 10 years is McCaffrey.

This is gonna be tough for the Roy-haters…

2 Likes

Matty Forde.

End of list.

1 Like

@myboyblue will be scrambling round figuring out a response.

1 Like

He didn’t play minor for Mayo. Was on the decent U21 team that fell flat against Down in an all Ireland semi in 2009, but wasn’t a main man in the way he became for the senior team.

Horan brought him in as part of the new group in 2011, after the Longford debacle and clear-out. He won an All Star in 2012, which was his first year starting.

4 Likes

Sure its 11 full minutes and he hasnt managed a response yet. Id say he went out the yard and strangled one of the family pets…

Prick

Informative rating. The Donegal All Ireland year. Not a bad first season, right is right they should have had it in the bag in his opening season.

1 Like

Bollox. Donegal blew everyone away that year.

1 Like

The definitive word on the subject from the great man.

3 Likes

A management team with a hole in its arse would have made an auld plan for Michael Murphy FFS instead of leaving him one on one with Kevin fucking Keane.

Say what you like about Stephen Rochford and Aidan O Shea, but they at least came up with and executed a plan for Donaghy. Just because you haven’t the man for the job doesn’t mean there isn’t a man that can do a job.