Retiring GAA Stars tribute thread - May cause brain/neck damage

Moran’s lone championship goal was a consolation penalty with the last kick of the game with Kerry nine points down.

The Brogans mother is from Kerry. Bernard Brogan Senior is a legend of Dublin football.

Micko got into a fit of playing Ogie at wing back and wing forward occasionally. never won the all ireland those 3 years. Ogie made the whole thing tick at centre forward, hence kerry never lost when he had 11 on his back

Taking him out of 11 in 1982 for Tom Spillane seems more crazy the more one thinks about it. Tom Spillane was novice in 1982, Ogie was the best 11 in the game

And a legend of Superstars, I think he won it one year

1 Like

The Kerry gaa board used to have a thread ‘Beware the sons of Kerry’
Brogans, Cian O’Sullivan, Brian Fenton and I think Mike Daragh all had Kerry parents

MDs parents were from a place near Kerry - Donegal …

7 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Brian Mullins mother was from Kerry

Pretty sure that the Brogan’s Grandfather on the father side played for Mayo in and around the 40’s

A great servant and a very nice chap off the field.

1 Like

Great fella and a smashing player. Best kick passer I’ve seen play for Tipp.

In another world he could have won an AI club final yesterday. Played a bit underage for Kilmacud before the family moved to Tipp. Showed huge commitment travelling up from West Cork for the last 6/7 years.

5 Likes

What an unforgettable inter county career for him. I vaguely remember him scoring like 15 points one day Waterford got beat by 25 points in a Munster final by tipp.

Very good player but probably lacked either one of pace or size at the top level.

The systems Waterford have played were/are generally high tempo running games with 5 forwards which never really suited his game either.

Has a lot of games played between schools, underage, college, county and club.

I thought it was announced weeks ago that Pauric Mahony had retired.

A few weeks in with Davy and he had enough.

1 Like

Ian Kenny is going or gone to Australia and Mikey Mahony has pulled out too.

Dessie is off for earlier part of the league. Think it’s Kevin Mahony, Paddy Leavy and possibly Patrick Fitzgerald only Ballygunner players involved for the start of the league. For the scale of their club dominance in Waterford, Ballygunner contribute very little to the county team.

1 Like

For a Carlow man you’ve a great interest in Waterford and Preston