Retiring GAA Stars tribute thread - May cause brain/neck damage

Theres that fitzy temper again, fearsome. .

Eddie Brennan will go down as one of the best hurling goalscorers of all time with 26 in total.
He also holds an impressive scoring total of 4-14 in All-Ireland finals.
Some of his scores were huge for Kilkenny.
Specifically I’m thinking of:
2-4 in 2005 in a losing effort against Galway where he really turned a corner from being the light and fast corner forward who could be bullied out of a game to a dominant corner forward who could change a game in an instant.
2-3 again against Galway in 2007 QF in a tough game that felt like it was getting away from Kilkenny, Brennan and Richie Power blitzed Galway and turned a negative situation into a flattering 10 point win.
1-5 against Limerick in 2007 All-Ireland final where he won MOTM.
2-2 against Wexford in 2008 Leinster Final. Kilkenny 2 points up at half time and not motoring, opened up in the second half led by Brennan who scored one screamer.
2-4 against Waterford playing his part in the greatest team performance in an All-Ireland final in 2008. Screwed out of another MOTM when it was bafflingly given to Cody.
1-0 against Galway in Tullamore. A massive goal for Kilkenny when they were behind to Galway in the 2009 Leinster Semi.
1-1 against Cork in 2010 All Ireland semi final. The first goal which opened the floodgates in a 12 point win.
0-1 in the 2011 All-Ireland Final. After his selection was questioned by almost everyone, he rolled back the years with a fantastically committed display capped by setting up Richie Hogan’s game deciding goal.
Thank you Eddie. Put your feet up. :clap:

he is a racist scumbag cunt-you are some cunt wishing himwell

FOAD you tiresome cunt and take spotti with you while you’re at it.
Ye’re act has become terribly stale

+1

This might help you understand a bit better piles
http://www.autism.org.uk/living-with-autism/understanding-behaviour/obsessions-repetitive-behaviours-and-routines.aspx

Totti I’d say is just a bit of a needy nerd…

The last couple of posts in this thread have been very undignified to say the least. Rude, crass and bullyesque posting.

+1

sad to see the gahliban trying to erase eddies past

Tommy Griffin out the gate. Will more of the Kerry old guard follow?

http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/championship/2012/0117/griffint.html

Tomás is staying on anyway. Griffin has been a peripheral character for a few years now due to injury, did some service, what would he have, 4 or so All Ireland medals? Not bad aul going all the same.

Think he got away with murder, and Kerry also got away with murder with him No.3. Felt sorry for him though, as he is a born midfielder but was just slightly below IC level there IMO. Supposed to be a very alright sort, best of luck to him i’d say he’ll play for Dingle for years yet.

In so far as a man who won 5 AI Senior medals and 1 AI U21 can be below IC standard! I pretty sure he played in AI winning finals in the full back line, half back line and Midfield which has to be rare enough.
His versatility came against him in that he could play a number of roles and he had some bad injuries. A fine player though. And a thoroughly alright sort.

He would have much more ability and of course much more sucess than than some players from other counties with bigger reputations.

I’m talking about midfield Horse, thought barring his first year on the scene when he impressed at half back i think he was badly beaten midfield a good few times.

Thats not to say he wasn’t an excellent footballer. On a tunover or on loose ball he made some great runs. I just felt he was exposed and could have been even more exposed at full back, especially by Cork who IMO let Kerry off with annihilation in there a few games, both him and Macr O’ Se.

I see your point re midfield. He played some good games there over the years but may not have got the recognition for it especially the 2007 semi final against Dublin.

Re Cork exposing himself and Marc at full back. Do you think it didnt happen cos of Cork tactics, that maybe the boys were better than Cork thought or maybe Cork weren’t as lethal as they thought.

He had a bad start against O Neill in the 2009 final but cleaned him out after that. He nullfied Cussen in the 08 Semi final replay also.

Cork’s heads/tactics/headlessness/comfort zone more than anything i’d say. Marc has had some storming games against Cork, but he is prone to terrible off days and a few times against Cork he’s been left off the hook cos Cork stopped playing the way that was working. Its not like Mike Mac orTomas or any of them were doing any great extra covering in front of him. I always thought the gaps were there, but Cork didn’t have the head/players/players in right place to get it in right.

Re: Colm O’ Neill, he won that battle because Cork lost Miskella’s runs and delivery and the others started playing ball more suit to Griffen than O’ Neill, again more of the same as above.

Donnacha last year in Killarney is the most glaring one in recent times.

Mind you, Griffen cleared his head well that day after the goal. I really thought we had ye then.

By the way, Cussen always got the wrong ball, it was retarded the way they played him.

PJ Ryan the latest Cat to call it a day.

He leaves with just the 7 Celtic crosses.

Certainly not the best goalkeeper we’ve ever had, but a good servant and for the 2009 final, he will be remembered fondly.

Really? Thought he was fairly young, as in early 30’s. Was it the 2009 final he was excellent in?

Just the 7 Celtic Crosses. Fair play to him.

[b]The GAA[/b] [size=3][s]@[/s][b]officialgaa[/b][/size]

[font=HelveticaNeue]GAA.ie can confirm that Tyrone’s Kevin Hughes has announced his retirement from inter-county football. [s]#[/s][b]gaa[/b][/font]

[font=HelveticaNeue][font=HelveticaNeue]Yet another of the Tyrone golden generation bows out. Hasn’t been at his peak in a long time now, but he was a serious performer for them when he was and even when below that he could still put in a serious shift. Some miles on the clock at this stage, as they all have given the road travelled. [/font][/font]