Retiring Rugby Stars Tribute Thread

He dressed up well as a rugby player tho.

Do you want to criticise @GeoffreyBoycott for bringing it up?

Do you think @GeoffreyBoycott has an issue with him because of that?

Really?

https://twitter.com/martynewilliams/status/968066171680493568

https://twitter.com/brettgosper/status/968083911002808320

mate?

All the usual and expected stuff on social media. Probably all being done by their social media teams.

He was very good on the Late Late Toy Show that time and made some kids Christmas so he is not without some redemption.

Iā€™m just curious about where you get your info?

Iā€™m not at liberty to say. Donā€™t ask again, or Iā€™ll have you killed.

1 Like

Heā€™s an utter cock, Iā€™d say thatā€™s a bigger issue

Perhaps Jamie could become a full-time maker of viral videos in which he pesters air hostesses. He already has plenty of experience at this. But heā€™ll probably need to wait for Cian Healy to retire too.

#HavintheLOLZ

Thatā€™s debatable.

Iā€™ve always found him to be decent and his friends are very loyal to him.

His social media schtick can be annoying. He wants to be seen as someone who can turn his hand to anything. He also wanted during his career to be seen as someone all up to date with the latest in sports science, but also a guy who ā€œwasnā€™t that bothered about sport or rugbyā€. I would bet his bedside locker is full of business and leadership books.

That hardly makes him an awful person, nor does it make him an ā€œoverratedā€ rugby player. His career speaks for itself. Coach after coach picked him. He was durable, has stacks of medals and his peers praised him time after time.

I see Jared Payne had to retire as well. Headaches.

Will he have them for life? Or just if he plays rugby again?

For life.

Has he retired? I read quotes from him a week ago not ruling out playing again. He should definitely be calling it a day with a headache lasting 12 months

Thatā€™s very disturbing.

Rugby should have a health warning - Parents will have to attend a 5 hour brief on the dangers of letting their kid play it.

1 Like

mate, just wondering about your views of @GeoffreyBoycott bringing up his links to Israel?

the funny thing is that he and his province wanted him to go back playing and were doing everything in their power to get him back

Woah, woah, woah ā€¦ My statement about rubby doesnt mean I absolve all other sports of child/ player safety - we just happened to be talking about rubby. I find your defensive outburst very worrying and your ā€˜look over there, what about themā€™ attitude is everything thatā€™s wrong with modern rubby enthusiasts - They dont want to take on any responsibility. Shocking that you would use the death of a child to score an internet point.

I witnessed at first hand his behaviour to Irish fans in Cardiff after they won the Grand Slam. A bunch of weirdos had gathered around the team bus outside the hotel the following morning to get autographs and then were others (myself included) who were still drunk and wanted to whoop and holler the team onto the bus before they departed to home.

Every player bar none, stopped and chatted with the fans. They signed autographs and had a bit of #bantz. Heaslip came out, saw the crowd and ran around the back of the bus banging on the rear exit to be let in that way rather than the front door. Even the players who saw him do it looked on in astonishment as he ignored all the fans.