Ridiculous sportspersons names

Maverick Antcliff - debutante European Tour golfer from down under

Fineen Wycherley

1 Like

Some chap over the Olympics called Dick Pound.

I’ve never come across this one before- Darragh Hailstones:

Darragh Hailstones

Darragh Gaelstones

Hurly Long

Cameron Champ

1 Like

I had a feeling that was what was awaiting me when I opened this thread

1 Like

Took him @ 66/1 for top 10 finish

Giving some hope with a 3rd day move

Cowan-Dickie came on for England in the rugby there.

Sean Waddilove, future Irish Olympic sailor.

Another prod I suppose. We’ll take him. Is he any good?

I only heard of him for the first time on the news the other day, must be handy enough to qualify for the Olympics.

I’d say you’re on the right track with his religious affiliation.

I’m putting this here because Rube is a great name but his story is utterly ridiculous and truly magnificent, enjoy the trials and tribulations of Rube Waddell

I particularly liked this entry into his baseball career

Waddell’s career wound through a number of teams. He was notably unpredictable; early in his career, he would often leave in the middle of a game to go fishing.[2] He also had a longstanding fascination with fire trucks, and had run off the field to chase after them during games on multiple occasions.[3] He would disappear for months at a time during the offseason, and it was not known where he went until it was discovered that he was wrestling alligators in a circus.[4] He was easily distracted by opposing fans who held up puppies, which caused him to run over to play with them, and shiny objects, which seemed to put him in a trance.[5] An alcoholic for much of his short life, Waddell reportedly spent his entire first signing bonus on a drinking binge, with Sporting News calling him a “sousepaw”. His eccentric behavior led to constant battles with his managers and scuffles with bad-tempered teammates.

5 Likes

Also, the world needs a movie about Rube.

1 Like

Racy McMath - Wide Receiver out of LSU in this year’s draft

1 Like

Post up a picture of her please…