Rip Off Ireland - A thread for rip offs

fellas paying 50 quid to eat truck food…

2 Likes

You would buy a 10 acre strawberry field in Wexford for thst Tass

Went to Cork earlier in week.

A friend has recently turned 50 and I brought him a record and a few beers to celebrate. Without me knowing he had paid for our meal at a Syrian restaurant. I was hopping as I’d hoped to get it for his birthday. I said I’d get the breakfast in the morning.

We were talking about Tony’s Bistro, a greasy spoon I hadn’t ventured into in over a decade. We walked by, and the smell of lard and queue made us change our mind. We went to a lovely place outside around the Nano Nagle centre (?!) I think. I already remarked that we got a single slice of sourdough toast, some Halloumi and two poached eggs. Knew it cost a fair whack but only double checked the online banking there.

€32.50 for the brunch for the two of us and one coffee. Expensive I thought. Very nice but as my friend said at that price they could have fucked us out a few extra slices of toast.

2 Likes

It’s called the a good Day Deli I’d say if it is the place in Nano Nagle centre. V nice place in a lovely setting

Saucy price alright

Edit. Ye had walked a fair distance if ye went from Tony’s to the Nano nagle centre! Ye must have passed 100 other options on yer travels

That’s the place. Ah it was lovely setting and the weather was smashing.

Did I say I didn’t see a single Cork flag up around Cork city (cc @Bartholemew_the_Ladd ). You’d swear they weren’t in an All Ireland. Either ye are very understated or have low expectations

We cut through to see if Liberty Grill was open but it wasn’t. Me man said it was only up the road after that.:roll_eyes:

1 Like

Low expectations. I’m sure the place will be covered by next weekend

Limerick city full of them. Places in the inner city I’d barely seen a flag up in in my lifetime.

1 Like

That makes sense actually if ye were checking on liberty. Ye weren’t picky anyway if the range of options started at Tony’s Bistro which I’d imagine is as low brow as you’d would get but I’d say the quantity would be immense. I wouldn’t be right for a week if I ate that

They are brilliant to support teams in a final tbf :clap::clap::clap:

Looks lovely, they’d have probably given you more toast if you’d asked.
It’s dear obviously but it’s a far cry from the reheated or recycled (from somebody’s plate) that you’d have gotten from Tony’s

In all honesty I’m not sure if my guts could have handled a Tony’s @gilgamboa

That’s a young man’s game.

It was really nice in fairness. Felt good after it.

2 Likes

I really hope she’s no relation to the gent who posted her tweet…

Narcotic prices :eyes::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Well our taxes explain the first two.

Frank Gallagher’s cheaper drugs now campaign was obviously unsuccessful this side of the Irish sea

1 Like

The main point of the article

‘When it comes to switching to emissions-friendly modes of transport, cycling is also just as expensive, the data show.’

beer, wine, tobacco, and pain medication, when all taken together

Sounds like a great night tbf

4 Likes

Got that right ol stock