Rip Off Ireland - A thread for rip offs

Used this a few time’s and can be used until October, might be handy fir someone ( in store or online)

Do Skechers make paint brushes or paint roller kits?

1 Like

No but they make an old bastard like me keep fit

2 Likes

The lads below in Kerry with the shears glistening in the sun/rain and Mick lining up to be fleeced.

6 Likes

The yerrahs can get a few dozen bags of frozen chips in Aldi and and sell them for €17 a tub out the back of a trailer to Paddy WFH.

2 Likes

I found the sizes to be odd a few times when I tried on a few of their shoes, but they are a good sensible buy !

1 Like

Maybe try an 8 or a 10.

2 Likes

They’ll be fucked next year when everyone decides to holiday abroad… €1500-2000 for a house for 7 nights, €17 euro for a few frozen chips and a burger from the back of a van … €5 to park at the side of the road. €2 to look sideways

2 Likes

They’ll have the yanks back at that stage, we can fuck off back to Torremolinos

2 Likes

Despite his assertations to the contrary, this fella is clearly a bit of a simpleton.

I know for an absolute fact that you could have got a decent house in Kerry for 3 weeks for a lot less than €4k.

Mr Pope was gushing about a tenuous connection to a movie and thus dropped his pants and assumed the rudimentary position

Them boys are never fucked.

Maybe there were different people chatting different prices for different houses in different places in Kerry at different times?

Holidaying in ireland is a mugs game. Sunbathing, drinking mojitos and tfking by the pool.

No more about it

4 Likes

Well yes, this is obviously true.

But I was actually looking at simiarly-sized houses in Kerry around the same time (late December/early January) and there were plenty of good houses available at that time in various locations (Kenmare, Glenbeigh, Brandon, Annascaul, etc).

You can get ripped off anywhere. I don’t think Ireland is particularly cheap, but if I went on to Airbnb and booked the most expensive house in Tuscany or Provence, would that be proof that those places are ridiculously expensive to holiday in? If, as he says, he couldn’t really afford it; then maybe a more thorough search would have been prudent. However, it appears more likely that is severely exaggerated for the purposes of a clickbait headline. Which worked tbf.

What a mug. He needs to be getting value for money for 3 large in Bundoran for a week

3 Likes

I’ve booked a place in Kerry for a week for <€600. Not the most salubrious but there were plenty of cottages at a similar price range only with less flexibility around cancellation.

1 Like

There was an article in the Irish times last summer about a guy booking a house in Kerry, then seeing it still advertised at a higher price elsewhere, then his booking being cancelled a week in advance because they got someone to pay more. So essentially the Tyrone win is karma for Kerry.

1 Like

His wife mustn’t work at all. 600 euro on a grocery shop is mental

1 Like