Rip Off Ireland - A thread for rip offs

Deli eggs.
Shudder.

They should be sent to Ukraine to launch at the Russians

7 Likes

I get 10 items in my breakfast roll, 2 sausages, 2 rashers, 2 white pudding, hashbrown, scrambled egg, mushroom and onion. Butter and ketchup all in a white roll.
Absolutely delish

3 Likes

Fly to Norway and overnight train up. You’ll do it for third of the price.

1 Like

You should be in jail

8 Likes

I got a 5 item roll in Gormanston this morning for 4.25 coming back from soccer. There was 7-8 items in it. Daycent enough too

They often have a bit of hassle wrapping the roll, all for the princely sum of €4.50

1 Like

It’d be stressful enough getting the little fuckers into a taxi. Dublin airport be okay with the assistance of @Batigol but you lost me at overnight train.

I couldnt do €10k on three nights.

Unless I was in Vegas and acting like Ben Dunne in Florida

1 Like

Sleeper carriage. They would love it.

It’s a fucking blast. Train up. Fly back if you wish

1 Like

Friend of mine did it last December for (I think) 8k for 6 of them. Himself the wife and 4 children. That didn’t include spending money.
Said they had an unreal time. Worth it for once in a lifetime kind of thing.

It’s far from Lapland ye were reared.

4 Likes

Very true. Seeing the ‘real’ Santa in the Ard Ri or shaws was as good as it got for me.

1 Like

Hearnes on the Quay was probably before your time.

Yeah it would have been. I can’t recall being told Hearne’s would have been doing it before actually.

Lads ye know santa doesn’t actually live in lapland. €10k ffs. The greatest marketing trick ever pulled. Wild Atlantic Way in the haypenny place.

You’d nearly get a polar expedition for that

3 Likes

Any breakfast roll-eating roaster worth his salt should call in to the girls in the Amber near Drombanna.

They don’t give one fuck and will horse everything into a roll and charge no more than 4 euro for it.

8 Likes

They were dead right to charge that

Did he/she think the Spar was a charity .

He learned a harsh lesson there anyway. They were doing a €6 sit down breakfast with toast and coffee in a cafe near me just before the pandemic

1 Like