Rip Off Ireland - A thread for rip offs

Lads paying €50 to see a 16 year old Santa at Limerick racecourse or Curraghchase are getting a good deal in comparison.

1 Like

Santa with a limerick city accent is an experience in of itself

1 Like

Presume that’s with an agency?

I’m looking at same for this December and average 3 nights 2 adults and 3 kids is coming in just over 6k with most providers. I’d imagine the upsell once you board would be chronic. Availability seems low even now, some agents with only 1 night trips left.

Getting there as an independent traveller would be tough going. The agency flights must be chartered and fly directly to Roveniemi, otherwise Helsinki is first stop with a connection. UK providers might provide better value if you don’t mind additional logistics of flying from the likes of Manchester.

1 Like

And the tattoos on his hands.

A swallow on his neck.

1 Like

Different Hearnes. Not Johnny Hearnes. Hearnes Department Store where George’s Court is now.

1 Like

Definitely wouldn’t have been aware of that. Sound, I love hearing bits and pieces of what went on in the city like that.

FG have delivered an economic miracle

Living not existing.

Remember when Switzer’s window was the highpoint of the Christmas glitz?

1 Like

Lads are now dropping ten grand to visit the real version of a lad who doesn’t exist.

10 Likes

Imgur

Imgur

1 Like

Me father used bring us to Santas grave each Christmas. That was Christmas dune and dusted for us.

Happened my cousin years ago in Galway, he fired it back in over the counter and told them to keep it.

1 Like

It might be in Russia by then

We’re back baby!

Thats a genuine consideration now, depending on how things develop might well affect pricing or even the general availability of getting into that region.
All in all, the Santa with the Limerick City accent and Neck tattoos’ sounds like an equally unforgettable experience for adults and children alike.

3 Likes

You’re an oddball* if you don’t have a tattoo these days.

*I’m an oddball.

Had a bit of a Howth day today. Was on the first tee in deer park at 7 (played alright thanks) before retirning home. A quick bowl of yogurt and muesli late and i was on the bike returning to howth for a cycle with a mate. We eschewed the summit inn and decided to stop for coffee and a toastie in the village. I was ravenous. My mate had heard Pòg was good so we stopped there. Holy fuck. Lunch. 11.5e for a cheese toastie. 3 cheeses apparently but still. 11.50! I had a burrito bowl which was nice but 13 fucking quid. And while waiting for our food my mate got shat on by a seagull. Hair, jacket, hand. All over. Pòg mo thòn.

5 Likes

At least three branches of Pog now and another one opening beside where Kanoodle was at the Bull Wall. Food there would do nothing for me but they are packing them in.