Rip Off Ireland - A thread for rip offs

The French Table in Limerick, way overpriced and food wasn’t that good.

1 Like

No friendly swim?

1 Like

I had the breakfast there a few weeks ago and it was lovely. I wasn’t paying the same day though… Its on the cold side of the street too, I recall being cold in there.

No. Was in a hurry home for the school run. Swimming tomorrow

At there over Christmas 4 or 5 years ago and thought something similar. Bang average in every sense.

Mrs Hunt was in Morton’s behind the Odeon and ordered a tuna sambo. Asked for sun dried tomatoes in the sambo. . The girl warned it’d cost 2 euro extra so Mrs Hunt said ordinary tomato which was only 20c extra. Asked for mozarella cheese. 2 euro extra also. She opted for Swiss cheese which was a bargain at only 50c.

That place is some fucking sandwich making machine

Anyone who orders a tuna sandwich should be charged a fortune anyway and be forced to buy about four packets of mints along with it

5 Likes

They do or at least used to do a sandwich of the day for 4.50 which wasa good deal. Plenty of ating in their sandwiches.

1 Like

used to be a great place but the quality dropped off hugely before covid as they got more and more greedy. the place has suffered greatly from the big reset and youd only wait 5 mins now for a sambo at lunchtime whereas it used to be north of 20 mins.

pplenty of daycent places on camden st for better food at a lesser price.

also, im with @iron_mike on the tuna thing. used to work with a girl who would bring in chowder and then nuke it at lunchtime, stunk the place oiut and the microwave had to be decontaminated afterwards

5 Likes

3.50 for a side of avocado the other day. It amounted to 2 good spoonfuls.

Any cunt reheating any sort of seafood in a canteen microwave needs a hiding

18 Likes

Actually Id go one further and say microwaves should be banned from the work place anyway. 9 times out of 10, the smell of someone elses reheated shite is enough to bring on the barf signals anyway. Bring a fucking ham and cheese sandwich and be done with it.

4 Likes

Was her first time since Covid. Said it was a shell of its former self. One til down the back where there usde to be 5 or 6 up the side. She said insomnia was gone from across the Bleeding Horse. I got scared and asked for Zaytoon.

That new ramen place across the road gets great reviews.

Mad Egg for the hungover days is hard bet.

2 Likes

:clap:

that said, im concerned that im working in such close quarters to a number of cunts from the board!

5 Likes

Fuck ye all. I got a triple whopper meal in BK on grafton street last week. Bates all yere fancy shite and better value too

2 Likes

New ramen noodle place where Insomnia was. I don’t know how that Zambrero place beside Mortons is still going. Even before Covid I never knew anybody that went there

Work there too. Lets do brunch bro

1 Like

Would you not bring a ham and cheese sandwich with you and be done with it?

2 Likes