Rip Off Ireland - A thread for rip offs

Considering that you’d get 4 of them mini-cods for €1.99 and enough chips for 10 of those platefuls for €1.39 in Tesco or Aldi. The other shite, sauce, lemon etc equates to 10c. Paddy is some man to gouge.
In a generous mood I’d price @Tassotti grub at €3 all in with the €20 being clear profit. #winning….

It’s incredible when you drill into it. I

1 Like

I got a pint for 20c in Vietnam.

I got beautiful fish and chips sitting on the terrace in Monks in Ballyvaughan a few weeks ago. A fancy enough spot a few notches above standard pub grub (at least a few notches). It was 17.50

2 Likes

6 cans of Dutch gold for a fiver. Shur you couldn’t go wrong

1 Like

Likewise, I had Fish and Chips in Ashes of Dingle last week, top class seafood restaurant, it was 15.95 and it was absolutely outstanding, that’s not cheap but it’s not bad when you know you’re getting fresh fish

7 Likes

There must be a smell of aer lingus off @Tassotti still. He was seen coming over the hill

4 Likes

Yeah price was OK for what I got. Fish is expensive to buy. We were offered it battered or without so there was nothing being hidden.

Big oul burberry head on him and he asking did they take sterling

7 Likes

There’s one born every minute as they say, I’d love to know where it was, the batter looked disgusting and the chips were like something from a LIDL 3kg bag, he was probably impressed by the couple of capers I suppose.

1 Like

Was it a pint of what you asked for though?

2 Likes

Food is a complete rip off in Ireland, it’s outrageous.

3 Likes

Ateing Double quarter pounders in the queue for a soup kitchen outside the G.P.O :laughing:

1 Like

If we’d held on we’d have saved 15 quid

1 Like

BOOM! Headshot!
LOL

1 Like

That’s what it costs inside too, the food is really well done in there to be fair. Worth it over pub grub, just a pain you can’t book in

1 Like

Doesn’t sound excessive

The cager is also giving out about caging fees for his cage. What a dumbass.

1 Like

Why did they make you eat it beside the boat at the Pier?

Sure why would places not charge what they like when they have queues of fellas who’ll moan and whinge ( and even do a bit of free advertising on Twitter or the Gram) and then fork out for it anyways. Here’s the thing - man does not actually need four cups of takeaway coffee a day.

2 Likes

The car parking charge is a farce tho… Most attractions you’re already paying in. Then a fiver to park there also?