RNLI scum

Well done to the union hall boys

can never be too sure when disaster strikes. Hey @Funtime make sure daddy services the rib ahead of the season yeah
 mummy will soon be rid of those morning school drops and you will have the x5 to tow the tender down the harbour
 bet you can’t wait to bring the boys out for a spin.

4 Likes

Ta for posting Dav. It meant i got to read the one above it, the ridiculous lough derg one, which i hadn’t read.

1 Like

Feck remember reading about this dangerous bollox
Didn’t spot the RNLI connection

Potential rapist/ kidnapper that sham

In fairness, that’s every member of the RNLI

2 Likes

:blush::blush:

to be fair @Thomas_Brady im not normally one for defending the rnli but most members are either rapists OR kidnappers, rather than both

3 Likes

So your sponsoring the circus in howth now @Dav1 ??
Clowns

3 Likes

Oh dear.

Ah lovely

1 Like

Jesus it’s some RNLI love-in at HQ today.

1 Like

This puts Bloody Sunday in the hapenny place for brits running a mok in HQ

10 Likes

It’s 2022
 mate

The Skerries RNLI flag flying at half mast today.

Did someone of significance die recently ??

@Dav1
@Funtime

3 Likes

Bit slow off the mark today. They could have made a killing in ‘fundraising’.

1 Like

@Funtime backing McGregor?

2 Likes

WRC told RNLI regards Ireland with ‘contempt’

The Royal National Lifeboat Institution’s former top manager in Ireland says staff at its UK headquarters regard Ireland with “ignorance” and “contempt” and treated it as a “poor relation” during his tenure.

He also said the RNLI was a “governance basket case”, with kit not being issued on time and training running out – leaving volunteers putting to sea with out-of-date qualifications.

Seán Dillon said it was “symbolic of the contempt towards Ireland as a region in the RNLI” that it had failed to attend yesterday’s Workplace Relations Commission (WRC) hearing into his complaint under the Unfair Dismissals Act 1977.

He has accused the RNLI of sacking him in an unfair redundancy before installing a manager from the charity’s headquarters in Poole in England as its Irish regional head.

The former Army captain said this came after “pushback” from RNLI headquarters staff in Poole in Dorset to a decentralisation plan he and other regional managers put together for the charity’s new chief executive, Mark Dowie, before the Covid-19 pandemic.

The plan was to give more autonomy to regional managers and devolve functions such as fundraising, HR and corporate governance. Poole, which Mr Dillon said was regarded as “fat” and a “bottleneck” by Mr Dowie, was to be redesignated “from headquarters to a ‘support centre’”, which he said was “like asking turkeys to vote for Christmas”.

The complainant said he had to stop fundraising material going out to Irish households with the British queen’s picture and the pound sterling symbol but that there was resistance to devolving fundraising. Mr Dillon also said that Irish donors would hand over cheques with a view to them going to Irish lifeboat stations, but they would instead be sent to the UK and “go into an account forever”.

Put on notice

As decentralisation progressed in 2021, he found out he would have to interview for a job he said he was already doing, he said. Then he was put on notice that he was at risk of redundancy, as were others at his grade and some staff in Poole, Mr Dillon said.“I felt there was a lot of shenanigans going on,” he said.

The adjudicating officer, Eileen Campbell started the hearing an hour past the hearing’s start time yesterday, having satisfied herself the charity was on notice.

Ms Campbell closed the hearing to consider her decision.

5 Likes

A lot of ‘he said’ 'she said '
 But it’s great to see @Funtime vindicated. @backinatracksuit and @Tank must feel very sheepish after reading that.

2 Likes

I come from a long line of people who’ve made their living from the sea, I’ve had a number of ancestors perish in the sea, the father of one of my best pals growing up drowned in the harbour while he was in utero

I support saving lives at sea, you lot are so bitter you can’t see beyond the R

Are you gonna get out of your cosy bed, you are in your fuck

2 Likes