RNLI scum

I wasn’t talking about being “at sea”

1 Like

You would though :wink::wink:

I hope you’re a strong swimmer then, or your children or nieces, nephews if you have some.

1 Like

Me neither, just curious.

1 Like

I’ll make an exception for international waters

1 Like

nail on the head here @Juhniallio
seems like we have a few fans of Michael Stones floating army in @flattythehurdler and @Corksfinedtboy
worth noting:

• to say the average rnli member likes to be the centre of attention would be a gross understatement. they have a peculiar view of themselves not shared by most Irish people. I heard @dav1’s neighbors had to ask him to stop milking the 8pm applause and that it wasnt intended for him. the recent upsurge in appreciation of real frontline workers will have stuck in the craw of @dav1 and cronies.
  • the boat pictures is the R47. although a modified version is primarily used a lifeboat, the license required is that of a commercial Tug Boat operator. The stipulations for someone who holds one of these ‘skipper’ licenses is that they operate the boat at sea once every 90 days
  • due to a lack of activity by yachts looking for a tow recently, these boats have been mainly inactive, leading to the possibility that the ‘skipper’ may have to reapply for lisensce if a 90 day period elapses
  • it would therefore be in the interests of the rnli ‘skipper’ to concoct a situation where a ‘rescue’ is deemed necessary. therefore they can bill the good old taxpayer for the marine diesel used travelling over from howth and back
  • my understanding is the ‘rescued’ individual did not issue what is known as a ‘mayday’ call, basically a seafaring SOS. the gentleman was not in his view in any difficulty
  • the ‘skipper’ of said rnli vessel was on his 88th day without using a boat with a Tug category motor. he is now ‘renewed’.
  • there have been no more rescue requirements since

do the maths @flattythehurdler . these people still think they rule the waves because you let them. fuck the rnli and michael stone

12 Likes

were you born yesterday? fucking rnli are run from poole and their interests in ireland are to protect the trident nuclear submarine warheads from an attack from irish waters

2 Likes

They’ll be “rescuing” lads walking along the canal soon.

1 Like

FFS :joy: I really hope you are not serious, I know nothing of any ulterior motive only that locally they save and will continue to save lives, Valentia life boat continues to save lives and indeed recover bodies annually,

2 Likes

Insecurity is a mental problem and can be addressed through prolonged counseling, only mentioning in passing like,
On a serious note like Foyle search and rescue there’s no ulterior motive for these different bodies, yes they attract glory hunters, but in the main are decent volunteers

1 Like

The lads in n here who wear their jumpers tied around their shoulders have a big problem with the RNLI, kinda weird but when it’s the only opportunity you have to be edgy :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Somebody give @Funtime back the keys of daddy’s rib please… Mummy might even drop it off to the slip with the new xc90 ffs he can’t leave this one go… finally delighted to see someone on here with some sense @Corksfinedtboy. Then again being from the real capital this makes sense.

3 Likes

Can’t understand it TBH, anyone living near the sea can testify that these ppl save lives, and don’t look at colour class or creed when doing so

Now yer talking…:+1: @Funtime will really throw the rattle now. I count 4 normal people in here so.:joy:

My old man’s best mate fellow Blackrock fisherman’ lost his best mate as a young man, Davy, never got over it, sea has no favourites, without RNLI etc she will take more, ps my late dad never got over losing his bed friend

Ya, I know of loads who’ve been lost to the sea, a good pal of mine growing up drowned as did his brother in a seperste incident

Let the edgelords have Their thing though

2 Likes

I live by the sea

I sail & windsurf

Im with @Funtime on this one

6 Likes

Why can’t we have an INLI?

4 Likes

They’d have to rebrand all the merchandise

1 Like

That’s why

2 Likes