Roisin Shortall

Ruairi Quinn has rowed in behind Fr. Fintan so far. Heard a clip on the radio of someone saying the site was originally chosen by Harney years ago and had nothing to do with Reilly.

they will hide behind Harney having chosen the site but thats not the issue

it was bumped from 140odd in the order to number 30 by oreilly, not harney

if this was all above board then oreilly would lay out the process that moved these 2 sites up the order
he hasnt because he cannot.

It’s stroke politics of the highest order. The problem is that people expect their politicians to deliver this sort of stuff and only moan when it’s not them on the inside or its not their party of choice. As ever, we get what we vote for and accept in this country.

“A new era for politics…”

Absolutely. Very disappointing - from both parties. They’ve show a marked reluctance to take on vested interests and address these sort of stunts.

While the FF guff this morning was nauseating in its hypocrisy, they did hit the right note when they said were Eamonn Gilmore on the opposition benches he’d be scrambling for the high moral ground and the sound of the indignant moral outrage would be deafening

The two great bullshitters of our time.

Sad but true. The problem is engendered and reinforced by the system though, as well as a lack of alternatives. FF and FG are the same, labour have long lost any credibility as a left wing party. It will be a brave move to reform the system and bring in a partial list based system. Instead the only likely reform will probably be the some stupid and reactionary reform or abolition of the Seanad.

[quote=“tallback, post: 715142”]

Absolutely. Very disappointing - from both parties. They’ve show a marked reluctance to take on vested interests and address these sort of stunts.

While the FF guff this morning was nauseating in its hypocrisy, they did hit the right note when they said were Eamonn Gilmore on the opposition benches he’d be scrambling for the high moral ground and the sound of the indignant moral outrage would be deafening[/quote]

Heard that comment alright and while I’ve no time for FF your man was spot on.

No Industrial Revolution>No mass concentration of labour>No labour mass movements>No popular base for left wing politics

This is about as badly caught as the government could possibly be. I wonder which of the opposition parties will make the most of it.

Vincent Browne’s lineup will be interesting tonight. Carey vs Rabitte - Part 2 would be good.

Left wing politics getting far too tied up with militant republicanism.

Govt hasn’t long left in it does it? Labour are on for an absolute meltdown in the next election if they don’t bail pretty soon. I know they have fuck all funds but it has been a very disappointing administration. Quinn came in with some good ideas but not sure what he has actually achieved. Reilly and Hogan have been disastrous choices it seems as ministers. Noonan has only continued the disastrous policies of his predecessor. With the amount of cheap money available, surely instead of paying down low interest debt the country should be investing in state wide infrastructure projects that might decrease unemployment. No vision at all. That namawinelake blog has some great posts on what Ireland should be doing with that cheap funds being provided but Noonan (under duress perhaps) seems content to just paying down debt. Very disappointing.
The introduction of the property price register seems a positive on the face of it. Troika surely pushing that.
Next govt likely to be FF/FG coalition I reckon

As opposed to Fianna Fáil and Fine Gael.

Fair point, but by and large that was in the early part of the century. I mean from the late 60’s on.

This sums it up perfectly. In fairness to Reilly, he has some neck on him to try to brazen this out. He comes across as a complete cunt anyway but the fact that Labour and the rest of FG are standing behind him is sickening. Can someone not sit him down and ask him to explain the change in criteria that has resulted in this decision? If he can then draw a line under it and move on, if he can’t then resign. Pure and utter stroke politics.

From what I can see Reilly on her own would have been a good choice, it appears the two were ideologically opposed as well as Reilly being incompetent. No surprise on Noonan.

The thought of a FF/FG coalition is depressing. Unfortunately Labour are doing their best to bungle any chance they had to show themselves as a realistic alternative while Sinn Féin are not yet far enough down the road removed from their IRA links for people to trust them though they are gradually getting there.

I would absolutely love to see a new party formed to create some sort of alternative.

:lol:

From http://waterfordwhis…says-everybody/

EVERYBODY confirmed today that Dr. James Reilly is ‘being a proper fucking cunt‘, in wake of recent revelations about the Health Minister.

Waterford Whispers News can reveal the whole country agrees that the snaky corrupt shitbag should hand in his letter of resignation to the Dáil as of yesterday, before he is made do so by an angry mob of people with hurleys.

Last week the TD came under fire after Junior health minister Roisin Shortall resigned over Mr Reilly’s decision to add locations, including two in his own constituency, to a list of proposed primary healthcare centres.

Today a report claims that property developer Seamus Murphy, who is a supporter of the fucking cunt, owns the site in the minister’s constituency where the health centre is to be built.

However, both men deny knowing each other or having their pictures taken together at numerous business dinners in the North Dublin constituency.

“Them photos could have been photoshopped or anything.” claimed Mr. Murphy.

Mr Reilly said it was not the case that they were friends, and there was huge conspiracy in motion by the entire population of Ireland to oust him from his duties as Health minister.

“You are all in this together. But I won’t back down. I WON’T BACK DOWN!!!” he shouted.

Speaking in the country today, an everyone spokesperson said the credibility of Dr. Reilly is like lego – in bits.

Adding: “He lets a good hearted politician like Roisin Shortall resign because she has the balls to stand up for her principles, and yet the fat prick is still sitting there in the Dáil, getting paid to shovel money into his own backyard.”

“Its time we had a good hard look at the way things are run here.”

“How many more of these fucking cunts are favouring their voters in a bid to fill their own pockets?”

Meanwhile, other government ministers defended Minister Reilly’s decision.

Ruairi Quinn said he was quite worried that maybe there will be an expensive investigation into such issues relating to constituency favouritism and supported the location of the site in Balbriggan regardless.

“I just hope it ends here. There is a lot of time and money being wasted on this silly little issue.” he added sheepishly.

Mr Quinn then blamed Fianna Fail for everything before going on a 4 hour lunch break.

I had high hopes for Reilly when he took over health, who better than a doctor to reform the broken health services. He’d know the issues from the inside and instantly understand the problems.

Of course in hindsight he was never going to stand up to his doctor buddies.

An independent non-elected person needs to be put in charge of the job for a five year period, someone with a history of reforming health systems. Politics is fucking up any attempted reforms. We need to declare a state of emergency on health at this stage

1913 Lockouts? Ireland was a massively unionised country until the Celtic Tiger

In all fairness there is plenty of room for them all to hide behind Harney