Roma Season 2018/19

Looks like 3 moves are in the pipeline already.

Anderson Talisca from Benfica for around €35m
Ante Coric from Dinamo Zagreb for around €8m
Justin Kluivert from Ajax for around €15m

Seems like good business as these players are all young and promising and in big demand.

What worries me is likely to be the outgoings. We’ll probably cash in on another few important players this summer.

1 Like

Coric is in Rome for his medical this weekend.

Bryan Cristante also strongly linked in a €30m, talk of Defrel going the other way to lower the fee.

I think after last night you can say arrivederci to allison

Ivan Marcano looks like he is joining on a bosman, not the most inspiring of signings.

In today’s market Allison is worth 80 or 90 million euro.

last night added 20m onto his fee

more likely to go to Madrid if their interest is real

1 Like

Some Liverpool fans don’t think de gea would fit their system :laughing:

De Gea is worth 15-20 points a season to utd. The only way he wouldn’t fit into the Liverpool system would be in his lack of world class howlers.

Coric has signed.

€6m fee.

Marcano having his medical tomorrow ahead of a bosman move.

Where did you reckon Allison will end up mate ?

He’ll go if we have to sell and stay if we don’t.

Much will depend on whether Strootman, Nainggolan or Manolas are moved on. We’ve actually had very few big players go in recent years bar Pjanic that have wanted to leave. The club has pretty much engineered the transfers in order to balance the books.

I hope he stays but if an offer comes in of around €80-90m then it will be hard to resist.

He’d be an excellent signing for anyone after him. Is he fairly settled there? There doesn’t seem to be many murmurings that he wants to leave

Nobody really wants to leave Rome.

Lamela and Marquinhos were both pretty vocal that they were made move after their transfers. Nainggolan has resisted a lot of moves that would have earned him much more money, Dzeko turned down Chelsea in January where he would have earned much more.

If Roma had the revenue to comply with FFP, they wouldn’t be losing their best players ever year. I think they’re being very savvy in the transfer market in recent years.

Cafu has been filmed saying Allison off to Real Madrid

1 Like

Looks like we have won the race for Cristante. A few of around €30m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5ZfALg32vQ

Unreal.

1 Like

Deal looks to be agreed for Kluivert now, €15m and an additional €5m in bonuses along with a % of sale fee.

I think it’s a great signing, he’s highly thought of and it’s a very reasonable fee. We beat a lot of competition to get him.

We’ve been very busy so far, we’ve four players effectively in now and I don’t think it will be near completion. We will definitely be letting some midfielders go. I think Monchi intends to bring the age of the squad down. We’ll be selling a few players to balance the books though. Strootman and/or Nainggolan could go. Strootman is a very functional but limited player and if we get an offer around €40m we should let him go. Nainggolan looks to be in decline but he’s been our main man over the last 3 seasons and I’d like to keep him but if we had an offer of around €40m we’d again have to listen.

We could also lose Pellegrini, he has a release clause of €25m and is attracting interest from Juventus and abroad. I’d really hate to lose him as he is going to be a quality midfielder and although he didn’t set the world alight last year, he has it in him to be a super player for Roma.

Bruno Peres and Juan Jesus look like they are on the way out with Torino and Besiktas in for them.

We’re being linked with a host of other players including Berardi and Ziyech.

I think the club will also try and move Defrel on and it might be good to get Gerson on loan to a Serie A side this year.

1 Like

I think Kluivert will be a fine signing and a good stepping stone for him to when he inevitably joins the EPL in two seasons

Arent you the guy that said 3 EPL teams would make the CL semi finals and 1 would win it

You also told the world Allison would join murderpool