Roma Season 2018/19

What issue?

Post reported

New stadium has got the go ahead guys.

Lets hope the estimates are correct and it doesnt turn out to be a white elephant.

What capacity? Would be great to get somewhere that’s full most of the time

52k which can be increased to 60k.

Brace yourself. The spurs lads will be all over this.

We don’t have a stadium currently.

1 Like

done

How much is the estimated cost?

€400m

1 Like

Sounds like good value for money.

Daje

7 Italians and 3 Trigoria graduates in the starting XI.

The famed Roma Primavera in full flow again.

2 Likes

Really poor display tonight. Lucky not to be 2 down and we really can’t be losing points in these kind of games. The team looks extremely flat and the build up is very lethargic. Zaniolo has looked weary. I’d consider bring Perotti on for him in the second half.

We are an absolute mess at the back. Florenzi and Fazio have got caught on a number of occasions.

SES for Cristante at HT. Zaniolo will play through the middle where is more comfortable.

Fazio nearly gives a goal away there after managing to turn a harmless situation into a goal chance.

Pelanty for Roma. Sharp play by SES draws the foul.

Kola dispatches it.

1 - 0

Olsen stops a brilliant Poli volley.

Need a second here. Bologna are creating chances.

Zaniolo not getting much protection from the referee. He has waved away 3 clear fouls on him already tonight.

A great volley from Fazio makes it 2-0.

Bologna have 1 back and it was coming. This will end 2-2.

Big 3 points. Awful performance though.

Superb use of the multi edit to sneak around @Rockos fun police rules.

2 Likes

Looks like another summer of wholesale change and moves is awaits.

Reports in Spain are saying Monchi will move to Arsenal as their new transfer strategist and in Italy there are lots of reports that Sarri has been approached about taking over from EDF at the end of the season.

First of all on Monchi, I’ve been critical of his work so far. The fact that the only strengthening we have done to the centre of our defence has been a journeyman freebie and a young prospect in two seasons when it’s painfully obvious we are lacking there after the sale of Rudiger is unacceptable. Olsen has also done quite a poor job of replacing Alisson. There have been bright spots in the likes of Under and Zaniolo have been bargains and I think there are the players there who are still young and have time on their side to show they can become big players for Roma in the likes of Schick, Cristante, Kluivert and Karsdorp. Pastore has been an enormous flop though and he is the second highest player at the club so it could prove very difficult to move him on. In saying that he and EDF enjoy a good working relationship and I think stability is the key. I’d like him to continue on with what he started.

On EDF, I think he’s done a solid job so far. Since coming in Roma have lost important first teamers like Szczesny, Alisson, Rudiger, Emerson, Nainggolan, Strootman and Salah who have been replaced with young and unproven player at a lesser cost. Last season we still managed a top 4 and a CL semi final.You look at our rivals for top 4 and they aren’t moving on their best players for a profit every season, Milan are spending way beyond their means, Inter and Napoli are keeping their best players generally and adding to their squads. Our defence clearly isn’t up to it and he has to make do with what he has. I like the way he has placed trust in the younger players, I certainly wouldn’t have seen Zaniolo get the break he has under Spalletti or Garcia. Pellegrini has also been excellent this season and again I don’t think he’d have got the chance under another manager. Results have been turbulent this season and he could easily have been gone earlier in the season but he looks to have steadied the ship and I like his fighting attitude to the constant pressure at the club.

I’d like the marriage to continue another season, I think Roma need stability now, if we can get top 4 and hopefully get to the CL last 4 or last 8 it would be an enormous boost financially for the club and may mean we can keep our better players in the summer. We have actually significantly reduced the wage bill this season with big earners like Nainggolan and Strootman leaving and De Rossi signing a smaller extensions. Dzeko is the highest paid player at the club and he may be one that could be moved on, his domestic form has been fairly awful this season with just 5 goals in 20 Serie A games, Kolarov has actually outscored him. In Europe however, much like last season he has been our reference point, he was superb against Porto 2 weeks ago setting up both goals.

I hope we win the battle for Tonali in the summer and we’re also heavily mooted with a move for Gianluca Mancini of Atalanta.

2 Likes

Coach Sarri Roma bound apparently.

Yes, read the post above