Ronaldinho

The only player I’ve ever seen where the ball looks like it’s tied to his foot. Remarkable.

1 Like

What a start to the week :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Sheer joy. A different shark entirely to Messi.

There’s statistically better players out there, and ones that were at the top level for a lot longer, but no one would put a smile on your face like Ronaldinho does. A pure magician

3 Likes
1 Like
8 Likes

#thedinho

2 Likes

Great thread

2 Likes

https://x.com/sid_lambert/status/1726360492631814332?s=46

1 Like

He was better than Ronaldo or Messi but for a much shorter window. Him or original Ronaldo were probably the greatest players ever, in my lifetime anyway. Neither had the longevity of the other two though. And the length of time that the other two were incredible for probably pushes them above.

But Ronaldinho when he was at it was simply awesome. He went to shit very fast then. The good life caught up with him. And sure why the fuck not

2 Likes

Probably because they weren’t joyless freaks

There was a real joy to the way Ronaldinho played

Agreed. That instep, outside boot chop move was something else. Not many people in the history of the game have found a new move. The Cruyff turn the only other example I can think of off the top of my head.

Real Ronaldo had a unreal move where he ran straight at a defender then turned his back to him just before he met him and just rolled the defender off to the wrong side of him with his strength. Magic

Best was doing the cruyff turn first I think. Was ronaldinhos trick called the elastico? Zidane invent that double drag back thing while spinning 180 degrees

There was no one quote like The Dinho

This was an outrageous goal

He flew too close to the sun. But it was a beautiful plane crash

I’d take him over any of them. He looked like he enjoyed every minute of it.

Becoming friends with that mutant from Kerry was his downfall