Ronaldinho

I wouldn’t say it did for him to be honest, he looked like he had a lot of other stuff going on.

Avoiding that transfer to united was the making of him

This was magnificent stuff.

What an ac milan team. Imagine if kaka never left?

Rivelino and Pele were doing the elastico long before Ronny. Great player for that short burst, his strength was his most underrated aspect I felt. Never had the proper eye for goal, and often tried the difficult option too often and slowed up things. Not in the same league as Ronaldo, and not in the same stratosphere as Messi, not even close for me, whether that is overall or even at their peaks. We tend to remember too fondly those from that era which was a magic time for the sport, which probably correlates to a time when life itself was at its peak all considered. You’d kids going around pretending to be Diego Tristan from Deportivo or Giovane Elber from Bayern. Glory days.

Ronaldinho’s debut goal where he nearly takes the goal out with his shot is probably my favourite.

4 Likes

Saw Ronaldinho live in 2006. It was amazing

He was in his hoop better than Messi

5 Likes

Fanboy alert

I’d say he was doing it utmost not to bite down there

Auld lads preferring things from when they were younger alert

4 Likes

Dinho > Messi

His peak was better than messis.

He also done it in a more joyful way than Messi as well.

This was a wonderful goal

These were proper teams

1 Like

They were well in decline by the time Kaka left. They played Portsmouth in the 2008-09 Europa League/UEFA Cup while Kaka was still at the club.

More his career though I’m talking about.

He never quite hit the heights at real madrid.

In terms of quality and consistency and results he doesn’t come within an asses roar of Messi.

He was something else to watch though

1 Like

He may not have had the career and won the the trophies of a Ronaldo or Messi, but there was something much more pure and joyful about The Dinho

https://twitter.com/championsleague/status/1735329766809469199?s=46&t=YOfhVM10W0bcyIiYSLI3Wg

3 Likes

Saw him play live in 2006. He was magic

That would brighten your morning.

If he was a freak like Messi or CR7 we wouldn’t love him as much.

1 Like

There was no one quite like the Dinho

https://twitter.com/willocallaghan/status/1766216361791955290?s=46&t=YOfhVM10W0bcyIiYSLI3Wg

2 Likes