Ronan O'Gara's Shame

Sure if you’re gonna rip a lad off and not pay him you may as well do it for a proper sum

Had he one big investment that went wrong or loads of little ones?

Any chance you could lend me a hundred grand til after christmas @Mac ?

1 Like

Wasn’t there problems with one of the Main Street bookies aswell

Sheer boredom outside of training probably didn’t help. Heard a few of them talking before about how they gambled (not betting but bad business decisions) away future pensions by basically being bored in the afternoons and surrounded by lads who were happy to give them bad investment advice.

Sure I believe Luke Fitzgerald went into AIB on a grad program once he retired and Jamie Heaslip went into a few tech companies.

Just sent it to you there by Revolut

Few moderate ones. He built a massive house as well

Heaslip well sorted I’d say… Tis more the generation before them who didn’t earn that much and blew it…

Heaslip supposedly lost fortunes on stuff that never even got off the ground. The bars and coffee shops have done alright for him I’d guess

A lot of that 06 Munster team lost in property crash. O Connell and o Callaghan went down together in a big deal.

And resteraunts

You only need to get it right the odd time with the tech stuff I suppose. He’s a clever fella albeit he’d give you a pain in your hole listening to him

1 Like

His pub in ballsbridge is a bit of a Kip.

Yeah wouldn’t be my cup of tea. Busy spot though and I’d say they have made a packet there

Wonder how much he ploughed into the abortive podcast?

1 Like

It is but sure they fill it every weekend. 7.40 for a pint of Moretti the last time I was in there :rollseyes:

I was there the Sunday of the horse show and it was fairly dead. Probably clean up with games tbf.

Thought the rubby lads were big bidness men who didn’t air their dirty laundry in
Public , especially not over the price of a term of school Fees …

2 Likes

No pal that was just a stereotype perpetuated by your own feelings towards the game of Rubby

2 Likes

That explains Donnars being flat out on 2FM breakfast show and analysing rugby matches. He’s out in Soll in Austria with 2FM this week.

He basically lost everything he earned
If I recall correctly.