Rory McIlroy

Lot of activity in here today, can some tldr it for me?

good post. Informative. Thanks for putting me right

there are more options than that, you can simply ignore it. The fact you are oblivious to this reaction says a lot.

I get upset about Charleville being Charleville.

What reaction?

the place itself is upsetting alright.

ignoring it. Ignoring is a reaction. Feel free to use it from time to time, on me if you wish

Likewise. I thought you were getting somewhere until Tim gave you a handy way out of actually understanding something

McIlroy called “Derry” “Londonderry”. @glenshane, who is actually from Derry took severe offence to this. Other people who have no knowledge whatsoever of that part of the country think he is overreacting and that calling it Londonderry is grand.

1 Like

@glenshane babe, you really shouldn’t bother with these misfortunes.

1 Like

I didn’t take severe offence. I said he was being a wee rat. The discussion went were it went from there

Get a new gig

What’s wrong babe?

ah look, i’ve no right to be telling you how you should or shouldn’t react to it. You live there. I don’t.

I’ve grown up in a cocoon down South, insulated from the troubles. All I know about it has come from a history book and the hatred of drunken fools for all things English while they wear a Man Utd jersey. That’s the truth of it.

You’ve probably had a difficult life, with the troubles and I hold no grudge at all with you for getting upset about pube-head calling it Londonderry.

Apologies for my insolence.

Take offence, you should. fuck McIlroy, he is only a prick. None of the John Brutons on here know what it is like to have lived through the shite people there have had to live through and if cunts like McIlroy keep bringing it back to that level, then you have right to be offended by it.

3 Likes

Ffs talk about taking the wind out of a man’s sails.
:thinking::thinking::joy::joy:

I offered the olive branch and you’re still a cunt.

There you go. That’s the way of it.

You’re taking it all wrong, I was accepting the olive branch and laughing at the notion of taking offence etc. Thanks pal

I think this is half the problem. I’ve no clue what you Nordies are saying at the best of times. Seems that translates to online as well. :smile:

1 Like

Post of the year.