Rory McIlroy

And the melt down commences now. I can’t say I’m surprised.

Hacking around like a 26 handicapper at Rathbane now.

1 Like

We’re getting close to a big moment

Agreed. A very mature performance from Rory. He’s beginning to show a lot more composure in these situations and his chipping & putting has improved dramatically. He’ll be winning another major before long.

When it happens it’ll be a victory for us all

Amen

He’ll always have that Canadian Open, in fairness

3 Likes

2 weeks in a row he’s rightly rubbed Justin Thomas nose in it too.

He’s the elder statesman of the game now.

Its coming.

Supporters of Rors beloved Manchester United had a banner in the past reminding Manchester City of the length of time they went without winning the league.

Do we need to update the thread title to remind us all of Rors barren Major run ?

We don’t want to end up looking foolish like the Stretford Enders mind you

Didnt he win one last week? Embarrassed for you mate.

I was reading there this morning that the last 14 majors in golf have been won by 13 different players. It’s not like mens tennis where essentially the same three players have won pretty much every Grand Slam for the last 20 years. It’s incredibly hard to win one of these Majors now in golf.

Finishes of 2nd, 8th and 5th for Rory across the first three majors of the year is good going. He’ll be one of the men to beat again at St Andrew’s next month.

1 Like

Justin Thomas the multiple winner?

Morikowa

1 Like

No idea. I’m not much of a golf man.

In fairness to Rory, he’s probably getting a million quid a go for these failures, so not all bad

Didn’t realise he had crept so high back up the world rankings. Back to number 2.

He’s a smashing lad Rory. A great ambassador for golf in Ireland and for his sport

2 Likes

In fairness to McIlroy his short game and wedges have improved immeasurably. He put in 4 good rounds without any catastrophe on any day but was still some way off actually winning. The Korn Ferry tour seems to be a very good preparation for up and coming golfers and the colleges programmes churns out incredible talent at a fairly high clip. Back in 2013 he was beating likes of perennial bottlers Garcia, Poulter, Rose, Kuchar to win majors. Course set ups were a lot more forgiving before USGA got ahead of themselves and tried to do something about the modern technology in the game.