Roy Keane - Sky Sports Pundit / Walkers Leprechaun / Adidas Champion

Keane has recognised and accepted his limitations and how he blew up his Ireland career. With that sort of acknowledgement comes contentment. That’s admirable.

2 Likes

I much preferred him when he was a player or even a manager.

He is now doing something which he used to scoff at, and engaging in the in jokes with his fellow analysts - another thing which he used to give out about. He is also a hopeless analyst.

He’s now a caricature of himself, unemployable as a manager due to his personality and basically needs a job.

He is a hypocrite, we always knew that, but his Sky gig takes it to a whole new level.

2 Likes

So what? He changed his stance as he got older. He certainly isn’t the first to do that. I’d admire him for it. He almost acknowledges he was an arsehole as a player.

Yes but many of the others didn’t say that such gigs were beneath them and actively criticise those who engaged it.

What changed his stance is that he didn’t have any other option.

1 Like

Has he money problems? I’d assume neither he nor any of his kids/grandkids probably never need to work a day in their lives,

I would seriously doubt that!

I never said he had money problems. He’s 52 and he needs something to do.

He tried and failed. Worse had he not tried. Tbf he got some success. Not the first. Certainly wont be the last. Even I have changed my stance on some things since I was a younger more headstrong man. Should he hide away from public life because he had a different viewpoint when more foolhardy? I don’t think so.

@myboyblue and the rest of the tfk Chelsea cohort hate keane because john terry made a show of himself at the champions league final.
It’s a convolution of an irrational resentment, but thems the brraks

What makes you think I hate Keane?

I’ve judged you harshly. I thought all the Chelsea lads hated keane, and the irish in general

Go easy pal . We suffer our way to wisdom.

1 Like

There is no hate in my heart

It’s the venom with which he preaches before he suddenly changes course that rankles. He’s a total oddball, who is now effectively the dressed up monkey in a cage he so despised. A company man through and through.

3 Likes

This is true. You should see his gaff.

So what, he went back on what he said, I don’t see the big deal. We are nothing if we are not able to change and agreeable to change. He was venomous in everything he did, he was a proper cunt, fueled by every demon that existed in his head. I’d be more impressed that he seems to have found peace with many of these demons.

I don’t think he was a cunt or had demons.

I think he was very cranky and hot headed with an inflated sense of being a man.

He was my favourite player growing up. I loved him. He broke my heart in Saipan.

1 Like

Watching Vincent Kompany embracing Arteta and Trossard after the final whistle today would piss off Keanr - and rightly so.

I don’t know why anyone would take the whole premier league thing seriously or the banter. It’s made for kids and tiktok , the whole thing .

1 Like

You’ve fellas who can’t watch MOTD if their chosen EPL franchise loses. Bizarre altogether

They’d be staying out of the local pub for a week. The Rosmuc “scousers” would be slagging off the “reds” if they had lost today.