RTE Correspondents

Charlie is a misfortune. Did you see the show where he went to the amazon. He wanted to come home after a few days

In fairness you get to cover stories far bigger than what you’d be dealing with here. She would probably be doing the weather

Would there be a camera man assigned to that role as well or would they sub contract it to an American based company ?

That was hilarious. Charlie was absolutely horrified that it was hot and humid on the Amazon and nobody told the mosquitos who he was either. He is some can of piss

5 Likes

See the thing is, she comes across as bookish and nerdy, but I’d say she wouldn’t back that up. I always get the impression she hasn’t a great depth to her knowledge of US politics and history.

1 Like

She’s perfect for the RTE role so

1 Like

And how does she differ from most RTE presenters in that regard ,? I refer to Irish matters and history for our domestics.

She was on the late late once and her grasp of all things American was very poor I thought.I’d say she hasn’t a fuckin notion only what she reads on tinternet

Agree totally.

She was good on radio with Today FM.

She horrendous on the TV though. Robert Short & Carol Coleman were decent on their stint over there. Bird and Little were too obsessed with themselves to do a decent job.

Carol Coleman seemed to lose her gig after the grilling she gave George W.Could you imagine catriona doing the same.She’s like someone who gets all their news off Facebook.

1 Like

Like a lot of “clever” women. Very good to learn things word for word from a book, but not an iota of common sense to back it up.

5 Likes

Very apparent when she’s being interviewed live on a news bullet in. Dobbo or whoever asks her a question like “what will Trump need to do in tonight’s debate to gain the trust of undecided voters?” and she reads off her answer like she’s learnt it the night before as homework. It reminds me of Michael Owen on co-commentary when the team lineups appear and he reads off his little pre-prepared story.

2 Likes

A bit of TV gold there. Carole was told by the White House crew the day before that she couldn’t bring up the Michael Moore film Fahrenheit 9/11, which had been released recently. She hadn’t intended on, but they didn’t brief her re Iraq so she was like a dog with a bone. She properly mugged off the White house. They were seething; the US press would never dare to challenge Bush at the time.

1 Like

No surprise to see the forum sexist pigs @Bandage and @TreatyStones out in force here.

3 Likes

Doesn’t mean they are not right in this instance, mate.

Who posted this?

“This is just fucking hopeless now. Morning Ireland had that luadraman Caitriona Perry on this morning with a report from some town in Texas where they were rolling out the red carpet to illegal immigrants from El Salvador. Me bollix so I switched and and switched to Newstalk but they must have had 6 minutes of ads while this drivel was on RTE.”

Welcome to an hour ago.

1 Like

Here’s Catriona reading her homework but with a frog in her throat.

I had to google that word, never heard of it. Is it a Waterford thing @Fagan_ODowd?