RTE Correspondents

Des Cahill is going anyway

I thought he was retiring for a minute.

Dont ever get my hopes up like that again

2 Likes

About 30 going. No craic. They can’t leave hotel except for whatever commentary event they have. No booze served over there after 7pm

Eamonn Horan and Jacqui Hurley would be 2 other candidates.

Lads, is Ronan Collins doing the weightlifting commentary or not?.

1 Like

Paul O’Flynn and Claire MacNamara are out there and have had a couple of segments on the news already.

I’m sure it’s great fun doing the nine o’clock news when you’re 8 hours ahead.

No, Dustin is……

What’s Lottie Ryan covering?

Her head would be a great start….

15 Likes

The showbiz news from the Olympic village or Casa Amor.

1 Like

Do RTE have any correspondents in Europe these days? A fire raging outside Malaga for the last week, 1000s of people evacuated, a place where many Irish go all year, but the world news section has some kiss me arse stories from NZ and Atlanta…
But we get news stories if Biden farts every other day or if Boris Johnson drops a pen.

1 Like

Who gives a fuck?
The only Irish people who go to Spain these days are drug dealers.

2 Likes

Who gives a fuck about NZ? The only irish people who go there mainly are roasters doing sileage. I bet there are far more irish coming and going to Spain than NZ on a weekly basis. Irish media obsessed with American politics. Who gives a fuck about the yanks and what they’re up to.

2 Likes

Tony Connolly was in Brussels for the Graham Dwyer shenanigans

1 Like

Mary Wilson is a very poor interviewer. She can’t stop people talking once they get going and they go off on monologues. Liam Doran of Slaintecare and Bernie Carter of the Marie Keating Foundation the guilty parties his morning.

5 Likes

On the other hand she can be over aggressive to politicians

She was a brilliant courts reporter but not an interviewer

She was excellent interviewing Portia there

The sad thing is that she was married to a fella for a while and when they were together, she wasn’t even the worst interviewer in the house.

4 Likes

You’ll have the wagons circling