RTE Correspondents

He said he’s taking early retirement, been working with RTE since ‘93. It didn’t mention an age for him, I’d guess he’s late 50’s?

You’d wonder if being a regional reporter for RTE is a decent gig. Going around covering (mostly) inane stories, chatting to slack jawed local councillors etc. I doubt the money would be overly fantastic either, always on call to head out to a murder scene, car accident etc.

Money be grand. Could be close to six figures I’d say.
There’d be probably some expenses on top of that and sure you’d never have to pay for a bun or slice of apple tart in your life.

RTE have over 100 staff members earning more than 100k.

Six figures? I’d have guessed around half that, plus copious expenses.

Actually it’s probably a cushy enough number after all! A two minute news report a couple of times a week. Money for jam.

He’s with them 26 years. He wouldn’t be on 50k mate :rofl:

1 Like

He’s on that and plenty more.

At least 75k.

Damien Tiernan got out of RTÉ and landed into WLR. Ciaran will probably pick up a handy local radio gig as well.

See my previous post. I have him at close to 100k mate.

1 Like

Gotcha. The increments that salaries used to go up in there were nuts.

He has to go. He will trigger the danes

You’d imagine he’d have all his contacts etc from RTE if he picked up a local gig.

Something about the colour of Brian here just doesn’t seem right

They have the trump filter on

What would Peter Collins, John Kenny be on? 100k?

Easily north of €100k.

For about 10 days work a year. Nice.

1 Like

I used to work with Jon Kenny’s brother, he was saying he was on excellent money. Jon, not the brother.

What do they do on a normal week Monday to Friday? Must have nothing to do.

Joe Stack getting a grand jaunt over to Tokyo for the Olympics. I wonder who else will be travelling over. Usually a golden egg for the Sports Department

I wouldn’t be bothered with it. Transported from hotel to wherever the action is, all the bollocksology that’ll take place there and into a stadium and not a good looking young wan to post on the relative thread in sight. Try then to gush up enthusiasm for a plucky Paddy (8th in heat but game effort) before militarily being returned to aforementioned hotel…
Ate a bit of grub ( missing the new spuds here) and quaff a couple of Bong Yang lagers before fucking off to bed to “rest” for another arduous day…

Fuck no thanks, a few oul’ evenings below in the park with a few crisp ones on the way home will be the finest. Good man Joe, keep the flag flying.

9 Likes

Should only be Joe for the newsroom, might have sent a few more considering the amount of Irish that qualified this time. Greg Allen will be there for the golf. Be a few more commentators etc. Normally the local correspondent would be involve but Yvonne Murray left the gig recently due to fears of surveillance by the Chinese Govt.