RTE Correspondents

Moreso how are RTE offsetting the carbon to send them there?

The seeth win the classic hits got bumped down a few spots for the flavour of the month Travis/ Goo Goo Dolls types. The most recent one is a pile of scutter

I’ve of them knocking around home I reckon. Not to mention a few extra with Tony Fenton talking all over the fucking start and end. Hours spent “studying” while listening to them in the bedroom.

1 Like

Larry Gogan God rest him was a huair for playing g the first verse of a song, the chorus and then straight into an ad break. It used to drive me demented. I could never figure out why he just couldn’t p,as onesongless during his hour

1 Like

Quite a few fanning fab 50s available as Spotify playlists
Early to mid 90s we’re the cream

Bad by U2 seemed to be number 1 for years from memory

Taping off the radio was a big thing in the 80’s. DJs were instructed to waffle over the intros/outros of songs in an attempt to stymie it to preserve copyright.

For some reason nowadays, Marty Morrissey feels the need to do it any time Amhrán na bhFiann strikes up.

6 Likes

It was major news in my teenage years when smells like teen spirit dislodged it in 1991.

1 Like

Ah Bad, twas iconic. The live version was a mainstay of a summer in the states for me once upon a time

1 Like

It’s a great great song.

The Self Aid version is fantastic.

They crawled out of the woodwork
On to pages of cheap Dublin magazines

I refuse to crawl

What was the format? Greatest Song of all time ?

Listeners would submit their three favourite songs (of all time though the lists were generally quite current) and they were compiled into the top 50.
U2 were always prominent, Bad and One in particular were always too 5, Radiohead, Smashing pumpkins topped it one year.
It was great radio, I remember listening to it on my Walkman while sorting mail every year in the Christmas job, brilliant stuff

2 Likes

this sick fuck

he should have been killed in Leeds, if I remeber correclty there was a sympathetic tone to the coverage of this cunt

3 Likes

What a despicable cunt.

I saw that earlier and I was sickened.

You’re right - there was outrage in some sectors in terms of how he was snared. Good job that the cunt was.

Jesus, Eimear Ní Chonaola is a fine woman

5 Likes

A right filthy smirk there

1 Like

https://www.rte.ie/lifestyle/living/2021/1108/1258533-comedian-emma-doran-on-how-to-spice-up-the-school-run/

Comedian?

1 Like

Whoever commissioned and published that is having a laugh alright.