RTE Correspondents

Des and Marie Crowe is what he’s up against.

Eamon Horan, Evanne and Claire McNamara are all proper pro’s.

Eamon hasn’t been seen much lately?

Evanne is excellent.

Claire - solid. You’ll always get a respectable showing.

Is the great Joe Stack still tipping around the place?

Dave Kelly formerly of TV3 was getting a go there for a while.

I like the way Paul O’Flynn (husband of the lovely Mary Regan) works the studio.

1 Like

Siobhan Madigan is always knowledgeable and generally gaffe free on the radio but she has never really got a shot in front of the camera, as far as I’m aware.

I’d say the rivalry, back stabbing and bitchiness in Montrose to get any of the plum TV roles is unreal.

3 Likes

So how does that fat cunt Des Cahill get a gig? The cunt makes me look professional…after eight pints.

To be fair the radio is probably better craic to be on.

There’s a really great team there with Des, Jacqui, The Dazzler etc.

“The stories of the midlands to a national audience” - I think we are ok not knowing

2 Likes

Mulooley has left RTE 12 months ago. I don’t think the vacancy has been filled until now. She’ll slot in the finest seeing as she’s originally from Longford.
Mulooley had a tough oul’ time of it - out standing in floods and gazing forlornly across empty boglands couldn’t do much for a man’s state of mind. Since leaving RTE he’s flat out drawing up enhancement plans for outposts such as Lanesborough, Tarmonbarry, Knockcroghery and Kiltoom.

A solid Rossie is Ciaran, the Mulooley are Royalty across the river.

5 Likes

Sinead is good people

She’ll have an easy time of it until the Shannon Basin floods

Kevin Boxer Moran is the go to man there, he’s an expert on the issue. He lives in the river I think.

1 Like

Is he a Rossie? I didn’t realise that. Rossie can be an accident waiting to happen, until it happens.

Hon Malllooooollleeeey!

1 Like

The big question is who will be picking up the high-profile North East correspondent gig now that she’s vacating that role?

A plum role for sure. I’d say the competition will be intense.

The likes of Jim Fahy out west and that lad who was below in Cork - Tom McCaughran?? (Spelling) - were original RTE correspondent superstars.

Tom lived for those fishing villages stories.

2 Likes

Drug gang stories in Drogheda, fairy forts in Meath, cross-border talks at GAA favourite the Carrickdale Hotel, and a smattering of South Armagh deviancy. You’d be kept grand and busy.

Tom MacSweeney no?

2 Likes

McCaughren? He was security correspondent. Think he wrote some children’s books too.

Sounds tremendous. We should get someone from tfk to apply…