RTÉ Saturday/Sunday Sport

Indeed, if only someone had highlighted it in the 2nd post on the thread.

I hope the irony of me having to concede defeat in this wonderful building, which I helped build, is not lost on some people.

Exact same phrase came into my head.

Yeah right.

Prick. I made that phrase famous on here.

Yeah right.

I put it far more eloquently than you Mac. I’d treat that as a missed opportunity by you.

Watching highlights of the Dublin - Kerry game earlier on RTE League Sunday. They showed the referee sending off Dublin full back Sean George for what the commentator, Dara Maloney, assumed to be an off the ball incident, but needless to say absolutely no footage of the incident was shown. No reference made to it in the ‘analysis’ either, which was conducted by Michael Lester and Kevin McStay while standing on the edge of the pitch in Newbridge.

Credit to the lads on Setanta last night, when Sean was sent of he was referred to as “former Laois underage star”. He’d never have learnt that in Dublin like.

I only had half an eye on it, but don’t think Setanta showed a replay of it either. May not have been caught on camera at all.

Tomas Mulcahy was on with Des covering the hurling earlier. Tomas managed to give an analysis of the Cork-Limerick matching while omitting a relatively important detail that one team played most of the match with 14 men.

He then previewed the Kilkenny-Tipp match. “With the six team league teams can’t afford to lose two games, Des.” He must be unaware that reigning league champions Kilkenny lost their first two matches last year. :rolleyes:

Des also deduced from the Irish rugby football teams demeanour as they stepped off the bus that there is a “lot of pressure today.”

Ok so not on Rte SportSaturday. But it was a Saturday and it was a sports report and it was on RTE. So, Robbie Irwin is reading out the sports news and he comes to the Nicky Rackard relegation final. And he says Monaghan are leading Sligo 1-6 to 0-9.

[B]Tony O’Donoghue[/B] @Corktod[/URL] · [URL=‘https://twitter.com/Corktod/status/475005600397815808’]1h
Just seen replay of Marco Reus injury … That could be him out of #WorldCup2014[/URL] Franck Ribery and [B]Mario[/B] Montolivo as well…[URL=‘https://twitter.com/hashtag/heartache?src=hash’]#heartache

:oops:

How exactly did Des Cahill get such a prominent role in RTE? He is useless. Village idiot.

He had Seamus “Banty” McEnaney on RTE Radio One earlier previewing Tyrone-Monaghan. McEnaney was making the point that Clones was basically a home game for Tyrone (they play there so often etc). Up pipes Des, totally serious, “ah you can’t say that. Clones is in the middle of Monaghan.” :rolleyes:

The fucker can’t go five minutes without mentioning Twitter either. They had Thomas Barr on who is now the number 1 ranked 400m hurdler in Europe. The sum total of Des contribution to this was “I saw David Gillick congratulating you on Twitter.” To make matters worse Joanne Cantwell didn’t have a clue about Barr either. Joanne - “it’s a fantastic achievement and you are still only 22.” Barr “no, I’m still only 21. Will be 22 in July.”

RTE sport just gets so many small details wrong on a regular basis.

[QUOTE=“dodgy-keeper, post: 961967, member: 1552”]How exactly did Des Cahill get such a prominent role in RTE? He is useless. Village idiot.

He had Seamus “Banty” McEnaney on RTE Radio One earlier previewing Tyrone-Monaghan. McEnaney was making the point that Clones was basically a home game for Tyrone (they play there so often etc). Up pipes Des, totally serious, “ah you can’t say that. Clones is in the middle of Monaghan.” :rolleyes:

The fucker can’t go five minutes without mentioning Twitter either. They had Thomas Barr on who is now the number 1 ranked 400m hurdler in Europe. The sum total of Des contribution to this was “I saw David Gillick congratulating you on Twitter.” To make matters worse Joanne Cantwell didn’t have a clue about Barr either. Joanne - “it’s a fantastic achievement and you are still only 22.” Barr “no, I’m still only 21. Will be 22 in July.”

RTE just get so many small details wrong on a regular basis.
[/QUOTE]
I prefer RTE to Newstalk when it comes to sport but Cantwell is extremely annoying

She is a massive rugby football fan. Say no more.

[QUOTE=“dodgy-keeper, post: 961977, member: 1552”]She is a massive rugby football fan. Say no more.
[/QUOTE]
Most birds are it seems

Had this on for a few minutes earlier, Tony O’Donoghue maintained that Pantillimon made an awful blunder in goals for Man City against Middlesborough, despite the fact that he plays for Sunderland

Awful blunder in goal practically synonymous with man city these days. Understandable error.

Heard that on the way back from Kilmallock. What a fucking incompetent.