Rugby - June 2016 End of season meaningless friendlies

I did Mac. I told you it involved rucking, carrying, tackling, line outs, linking. I gave you stats from the RWC where Heaslip was shown to be highly impactful.

You, who claims to not watch, will come in and go on about ā€œoverratedā€, ā€œinconsistentā€ & ā€œdisappearsā€. The fact that you donā€™t know Vermulen, or watch games, but will argue the above goes to show you as a know nothing moron the likes of which lads on here like to slag about talking shit down the pub. You should have politely removed yourself but once again you are happy playing the bumbling fool.

Again Mac, what would you call a team defending the line against an onslaught and tackling the man into touch as the try line beckons last week? Your desperation for ā€œhot takeā€ words like ā€œchokingā€ and ā€œbottlingā€ is shown up time and time again because you donā€™t have the wit or knowledge to back yourself up.

Again, put simply, Ireland ran out of gas with the altitude. This happens in sports. I pointed this out early in the second half. I understand evidentiary based approaches to arguments might be a bit much for you though.

SA had 10/11 of the 22 that they had for RWC semi final and of the others most are retired from int rugby e.g. Pieenar, de villiers, burger, du preez, matfield, Habana. There ainā€™t any wealth of riches in the sidelines for the Boks these days

A bad day for the post colonial industrial revolution cities of Dublin and Limerick

1 Like

Not disputing that. Itā€™s the worst South African team Iā€™ve ever seen.

1 Like

Of the strongest starting XV that Ireland fielded in the World Cup 9 months ago - that beat France 24-9, just 5 started today. Only Paul Oā€™Connell of that side that started against France is retired.

The quota system continues to be a huge impediment for South Africa as it is increasingly becoming for them in cricket as well. When you canā€™t get your best side or even close to it out onto the pitch, its a bad state of affairs.

1 Like

How much rugby do you watch?

A SA side were beaten in Cardiff before WC with far better players who put in a worse performance than SA this wk or last. They finished bottom of the rugby championship last season with far better players. They havenā€™t won one in 7 season and are the poor relation of NZ, Oz and possibly even the argies at this stage.

This is a poor SA side but they havenā€™t been great for some time and Iā€™d suggest this group far from worst considering players they have lost over last while

Correct.

I think last weekā€™s result was worse for them than the Japan one. Playing against 14 men (and 13 for a period) and they were totally outplayed against a team at the end of their season missing lots of players.

Altitude saved them and it would have saved ACā€™s job if it wasnā€™t for transformation.

1 Like

Youā€™re confusing me now, buddy. Are you agreeing with me or what? I donā€™t just mean today, I mean this current South African team of the last 18 months or more are not very good.

Iā€™m agreeing they are shite just think they have been shite for a while and this crew not particularly worse

:sweat_smile:

:joy:

1 Like

Didnā€™t they nearly beat NZ in the World Cup semis?

You know heā€™s not talking about the former Munster muldoon, right? Itā€™s the Roscommon muldoon.

I know.

Ok. Cool.

No

The pub I was in yesterday was jammed for the rugby. You get a far better class of person at it compared to the rabble who follow Eire

2 Likes

What do they think of a bedsit dweller being amongst them

Ireland U20ā€™s getting underway now in their World Cup semi final against Argentina.