Rugby - June 2016 End of season meaningless friendlies

The nations game? Ireland’s win over Italy in the euros was bigger than Ireland winning the 6 nations.

Ireland’s win over the second choice Italian side?

1 Like

Great for the fans living in Oz These were the victims of chicanery by political and financial elites . The Irish rugby team made them proud .

1 Like

Are you going to have another sneer st Joe Schmidt’s record against Southern Hemisphere teams outside of Ireland like you did after the Brisbane test? That’s 6 wins from 10 on that front and a Lansdowne Cup win in Australia to go with a series win in Argentina, the first ever Ireland test win in South Africa and a first ever test win over New Zealand.

Way bigger,rugby is an elite sport,doesn’t appeal to the masses in my opinion. Were the streets packed in cork after Ireland won the 6 nations? There was a street party when Ireland beat Italy.

Association football is very popular in Ireland.

The RO Oirish side only get good support when the fans get the chance for a jolly up abroad.

The Irish rugby team is the 32 County National team.

1 Like

Cheiks looked absoutely devastated in his interview there.

Not far off breaking down.

Ireland have beaten Italy every year in the Championship bar 2013, I believe. No need for street parties for beating Italy.

Not my team,won’t stand for our national anthem.

He’s just lost the Lansdowne Cup in a three test series that went to the death. You can only imagine the scale of sporting despair for the losers.

If you want to rabbit Pretend IRA propaganda for the partitionist Eire soccer team, fuck off to a soccer thread.

Yes.lets hope the woeful world cup record can change to

It surely will. It has to. World class players all the over.

Dead level on points over the series. If it were international rules it’s a draw

I’m delighted @dodgy_keeper watched that.

I just love my country mate,

Welldone Ireland now Munster final @backinatracksuit thread

It doesn’t get more dramatic than a Lansdowne Cup winning finale in a three Test Match series.

Limerick home of rugby

2 Likes

You’re right Joe, tonight is the big one