Rugby Players Rape Trial

To quote @Tassotti the feminists are hopping around like sausages in a frying pan

2 Likes

Your seethe is rising. There was no rape. Did you miss the verdict.

Very disappointed by numerous posters comments here today. There quite clearly wasn’t enough evidence to come to a guilty verdict but that doesn’t mean they weren’t guilty. It simply means there wasn’t enough evidence. Very different. On both sides there’s peoples lifes ruined forever more. Parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles etc. Regardless of what you may think nobody knows what really happened but people taking joy out of the verdict and looking for the girl to be shamed; should hang there head in shame. It could be your mother/sister/friend in a similar situation in the future. I hope @rocko does the right thing and locks this thread.

17 Likes

Yes. No messing with them.

+1

1 Like

Indiscriminate use of horn is always a safe starter for 10.

It’s the same kind of unseemly triumphalism I haven’t witnessed in an Ulster related matter since the Orange Order marched down Garvaghy Road in the mid 1990s.

5 Likes

That sort of view is why defendants names should not be released prior to a conviction.

How do you propose guilt is established other than by evidence.

Ball park figure would easily be north of 150k stg including solicitors fees

There was plenty of evidence to reach a not guilty verdict. That’s why after 4 weeks it only took 4 hours and was unanimous.

Paddy Jackson is also someones son/ brother / uncle etc etc — does he not also deserve some compassion even tho he’s a horrible prick?

4 Likes

Remember how he kept telling everyone the defense counsel were doing an awful job?

2 Likes
1 Like

You were blackguarded.

5 Likes

He outdid himself there. Suggesting Brendan Kelly QC could not read a jury. He was not the only one…

Olding sought legal aid near the end I heard.

Family homes remortgaged.

I posted during the trial that it is unfair a private citizen with limited assets has to defend his liberty against the Crown which has unlimited resources.

2 Likes

As I’ve outlined before I’d a friend in a similar situation. He was never named. He was found to be completely innocent. His family is destroyed over it. His dad barely talks. He hasn’t had a drink in years and refuses to head out. No good comes from these situations ever. Do you actually think if this girls name is published all over the internet that’ll make their families happy? Give them some peace? It is sad if you do.

1 Like

Couldn’t read a jury and they came back in less than 4 hours with a verdict.

He really gets the law.

1 Like

Ah yeah, middle class boys who had an easy time of it according to a Senator in our Oireactas.

2 Likes

I never asked for her name to be released … but as has been posted above… the lads are in ruin now also after being found innocent. I agree there is no winners here but dismissing the verdict so lightly because you have sympathy for the girl is not how this works.

3 Likes

A unanimous verdict too. So so rare. Like a 9 dart finish in @Sidney and @Bandage parlance