Rugby Summer Tour

The Dave Guiney of international rugby.

1 Like

Who was that Fagan

The Northern Hemisphere struck back today.

1 Like

That’s mad. Like the 32 year old who was debuting for Donegal back around 2015. Think he only played league though.

What age was Guiney?

33 when he played in the 2003 championship. He started against Waterford and it was widely reported it was his first championship start. But apparently he started against Westmeath in some match in the 90s.

That’s right. Fuck me, he obliterated him.

2 Likes

Scotland win 29-6 over Argentina in Salta. What a day for British Isles rugby. New Zealand, Australia, South Africa and Argentina all beaten on their home patches.

A lovely way for the Scots to celebrate the 40th anniversary of them playing their part in the victorious Falklands War.

A very good day to be British and Irish, except if you’re from Derry-Londonderry.

Gatty was primarily concerned with winning competitive games i think

He was of course. He’d no interest in the lions so for example did he?

Dion Fourie, hooker and back row :man_shrugging:t5:

1 Like

Gas

That was a priceless bit of sledging from O’Mahony, picked up on the referees microphone when he told a whinging Sam Cane “Who do you think you are? You’re only a shit Richie McCaw”.

O’Mahony is a great bit of stuff. I ended up sitting beside his parents at an international match a few years ago. The father is a lovely man. He’s a prison officer in Cork Prison he was telling me. Good hard working decent folk the O’Mahony’s with no airs or graces about them.

That sort of profile wouldn’t sit well with a large body of the coalition that makes up the Limerick hurling bandwagon - the District Court petty criminals that boo opposition players and freetakers or the crowd that hang out with tax exiles and American golfers in Adare. No wonder you have the likes of @dodgy_keeper mouthing off and sneering at O’Mahony all the time.

2 Likes

The Midweekers are 17-5 and in control against the Māori ABs.

1 Like

A proud day for Moyross

Mad they know the rules today :rofl:

It’ll be a challenge now, yellow card and penalty try for the MABs

Pity they weren’t as stringent with penalty tries on Saturday.

Prendergast is some bit of stuff

Sure nobody knows the rules. Apparently NZ should or shouldn’t have been down to 12 men at one stage last Saturday depending on who you ask and at another stage were putting 15 men back on the pitch despite having a man sent off. Then they took off their best player temporarily they thought but couldn’t bring him back on because they hadn’t understood the rule.

6 Likes