Rugby Summer Tour

SA cranking the steamroller into gear.

I wonder would Ireland be better to put the midweek side v the boks in the World Cup and just take whoever wins between France and New Zealand.

The irony.

1 Like

Won three (3) 6 nations titles. Back to back in 2014 and 2015 and then the Grand Slam in 2018. The style was a bit rudimentary at times but he was a shrewd operator. A pity the World Cups didn’t go according to plan. He had Leinster playing sublime rugby too. Won back to back Heineken Cups with them.

1 Like

The Welsh lassie hosting the current match is definitely wanting to get up on Stuart Hogg.

It all went wrong for him in the end but when he took over Ireland at a low ebb and also dealt with transition period of moving o Connell, o Driscoll and a few other greats on.

The provinces weren’t great under a large part of his tenure either. Munster were woeful. Leinster got humiliated a couple of times. Connacht carried the cam at times.

Irish rugby owns a lot to him imo.

Schmidt was a disease

Yeah sure no Irish club made the Heineken Cup quarter-finals in 2015/16 season. Leinster lost 5 from 6 and they supplying most of the international team.

He was unlucky in 2015. Even if he kept sexton and Payne they’d have probably won the game v Argentina.

If Limerick lost 6 starts for tomorrow lads would give them no chance but there’s different standards for the Irish rugby team.

I get his idea for 2019. Create a really simple game plan and ensure you aren’t reliant on any one player but it simply backfired. The young lads were too young and the older lads were just past their best.

2 Likes

The Scotch under the cosh here

The argies win it

What drama

Bottle job by Scotland

Magnificent denouement

1 Like

15 points down with 20 minutes to go and the Pumas win.

They must be the most useless shower of bastards in world sport

3 Likes

Who’s the blonde?

That’s Mrs. Simon Easterby. A mighty bit of stuff.

3 Likes

Disgraceful scenes emerging on social media of a drunken Peter O’Mahony being spoken to by members of New Zealand police.

Fair play to Bundee Aki for acting as a peace maker.

I was nearly in tears watching the montage at the end of the sports news to George Ezra’s song Green Green Grass. It feels like a seminal moment in Irish rugby history.