Rugby Summer Tour

That Balacoune is crocked every squad announcement. He realistically should be starting one of those tests.

2 Likes

Ross Moloney unlucky to lose out based on his form for Leinster this season.

2 Likes

If Scotland genuinely are knocking, this might be the nudge over the line they needed to convince Ben Healy

Jack OD very unfortunate miss out. His best season yet I thought and surely worth a seat ahead of Timminey/Prendegast

1 Like

What are they at with Harry Byrne.

It has to be based upon potential alone because he’s had limited game time for Leinster this year.

I’d say it’s more a case that none of the others have convincingly put their hand up and worryingly I’d increasingly include Carbery in that.

There is a real drop-off from Sexton and there’s no chance that he can play weekly rugby at RWC intensity.

It seems ridiculous, has he shown more than Healy or Crowley even? You could add that there’s already a drop off in sexton himself.

Which would suggest its based upon potential I suppose. Carbery hasn’t played particularly well so good opportunity for Healy/Crowley to displace him if Munster actually bother to pick on form. Whatever about Healy/crowley the likes of Carty/Byrne etc who are playing regularly must be pissed off.

Sexton has played some superb rugby this year for Ireland and Leinster. Still head and shoulders ahead of all the rest. The main issue is the injury profile/age.

Maybe sexton will surprise us all and make it through playing well but I think it’s unlikely. I think carty should be the back up and they should invest game time in him. Can’t see Harry Byrne, Healy or Crowley getting enough gametime to develop in time. It’s terrible planning. And they wasted a six nations on Billy Burns.

1 Like

Carty has had an op recently and we won’t mention Billy burns

1 Like

I’d agree that Sexton won’t make it through several consecutive high-end games - particularly when the opposition is the likes of SA/France/NZ etc.

Carty would seem to offer a lot of potential but I’d say he hasn’t managed to curb his loose tendencies at international level. Can do something spectacular but then something stupid. Hasn’t really taken his chances either

Carbery is the real conundrum. Injury obviously an issue but hasn’t really kicked on to my mind. The state of the Munster “gameplay” for the last year or two clearly hasn’t helped him. He’s been asked to come into Irish camp and play a Leinster style game which I’d imagine requires lots of drilling for a ten (which might be why H Byrne shades it over the others come to think of it)

You’d be better off with o gara blind folded at ten than jack fucking Carthy.

Problem for Andy Farrell is Harry Byrne should have been starting v the bulls. We’d see how good he is. Cullen goes with Ross Byrne because he knows at that level Ross won’t cost you a game. He’s a 6 out of 10 player who does the basics well.

Too many careers are being wasted due to the traffic jam.

Not much depth there at hooker or 2nd row.

Carty is a grand player. Not international class but none of them are below sexton based on their form from last season

Yeah I’d agree with that

Id say they know well how good Harry byrne is. And that’s the problem

1 Like

You are going to need a little luck with injuries. Come world cup time if Sheahan and kelleher are both fit we will be fine.

Tom o toole has improved as well.

Thomas ahern should be on this tour. He’s better than joe McCarthy.

Injured

1 Like

You need to play.

1 Like

I’m too old at this stage but thanks for the vote of confidence

3 Likes