Rugby World Cup 2015

Don’t believe there’s a dedicated thread to the biggest event in world sport in 2015.

Just five weeks to go now until the big kick off.

I’m supporting France, Argentina, Australia and New Zealand.

Just struck me looking at New Zealand player profiles before game this morning, they’re an old enough team. Nonu, Conrad Smith & Carter at 10, 12 & 13 are all 33. Tony Woodcock is 34, first choice back row McCaw 34, Read 29 & Kaino 32. The last time they defended the World Cup in 1991, they largely stuck with an old team that had won it 4 years previously & despite a four year unbeaten run from 1986 to 1990 and only losing 2 games in 4 years in between the World Cups, they looked jaded and were poor in their title defence in 1991.

They didn’t look too fucking old against the wallabies tonight

They did last week in Sydney. The game this morning was considerably skewed by the fact that New Zealand ran in 21 points when Quade Cooper was in the sinbin.

Australia are my tip to win the World Cup.

And the Kiwis were at home

New Zealand have won 34 matches in a row at Eden Park stretching back to 1994. Took a fairly useful last gasp try from France to beat them, last time they lost there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJfvfx0titc

The Possibles holding onto a 28-22 lead against Scotland after 78 minutes of this Guinness Summer Series™ clash.

Simon “Zeebs” Zebo has just been named Man of the Match and that may secure his place on the ferry.

Should have been Madigan. Quinlan making sure his boy got some extra recognition

He has to even up the inherent Leinster bias in Schmidt’s thinking

I’m delighted I didn’t grace that on SS1, Zebo is a true great of cuntness.

1 Like

#longmaytheprodestantprivateschoolscontinue

Wouldn’t be au feit with many of the players in the English or French sides. Are France worth a punt here with a 10 point head start?

You’d be a mug to punt on any of these warm up matches. I’m keeping my hands well and truly in my pocket. France could well be worth punting on when the tournament proper comes around.

Ireland were bad :-1: today France are laughing

I imagine a lot will depend on the placings in that group with England, Australia and Wales. For me only the winner of the group will have a chance of winning the tournament.

Wales play Australia on October 10th in what will likely be in effect a knockout match to decide second place in the group. The winners will take on South Africa (who won’t have played since October 7th) on October 17th in the first quarter-final and against a fresh team that will be very difficult after having expended so much energy the previous week.

I fancy England to win the group with Australia finishing second.

The winner of that quarter-final against South Africa will likely have to play New Zealand in the semi-final.

A huge amount rests on group positions in both the England and Ireland groups.

I didn’t get a chance to follow proceedings at Twickenham tonight. How did Sam Burgess acquit himself on his eagerly anticipated debut?

I didn’t get a chance to follow proceedings either, mate.

1 Like

The scaffolding work at the breakdown continues to be impressive, especially in the opening half where the “bridging” of the ruck was uniform and clearly a high priority.

How the fuck does bridging merit " " and scaffolding doesn’t.

the fluency of this stunt word writing is breathtaking. I am going to devour this before i attend “the Rugby World” Cup

3 Likes

Are you having a laugh?