Rugby World Cup 2015

Paddy Power have made a balls of their “Name The Finalists” market.

They have New Zealand vs England as 7/2 fav but they have “the 2 best teams in the world”, New Zealand vs Ireland at 6/1.

Surely they will rectify their error before long

Eh…

What now ?

Nah, its better you find out yourself, it’ll make the tournament more enjoyable.

I’ll be placing a generous each-way bet on the French. I’ll also sniff around for a moneyback if your team loses in the final offer.

Fuck the 6 Nations, friendlies and whatever else, Les Bleus lift it for the world cup (their domestic workload has been discussed previously, but a very valid point). Once they stall the Irish hype machine, they’ll whoop the Argentinians, then the Aussies and the Blicks.

Available at a frankly ridiculous 20/1.

1 Like

Ireland are great at the oul friendlies

But notorious tog-fillers come Autumn every 4 years.

I wonder who the chronic gambler in the squad is these days.

1 Like

I dunno chucks. The French have been dogs hit for about 3 years. Add to that the fact that they hate their coach and he’s definitely leaving after it and the French attitude of ‘c’est Le vie’ I think you get a squad who might barely turn up. I wouldn’t bet on them and I’m a degenerate.

I’d agree with that. I can see a big performance in them and they could very possibly beat Ireland as they’re a huge team. It’s very hard to see them string a number of them together to get to a final though.

I’m supporting Ireland at this years Rugby World Cup. Reason being I’m Irish and proud of being Irish. My tip to win it out would be Australia.

1 Like

Argentina are 66 to 1! That’s value

But you wouldn’t bet on the French? What can I say, I like your debaucherous instincts.

You could have said that about them last time out and they would have won the thing if not for a bent ref.

1 Like

Conversely to the French lifting it every 4 years, we can be reasonably confident that barring injuries the Irish team that turns up will be a much better one than the 6 Nations one. The longer Schmidt has them, the better they will be. Last week Madigan looked like he was getting back to the levels of performance he had with Leinster a couple of seasons ago in Schmidt’s final season. 3 months of camp with Schmidt will do wonders for the players.

We had a grade A spoofer in Kidney last time, an average coach in Eddie O’Sullivan in 2003/2007 with no depth and before that were complete shite anyway.

1 Like

But they’re a team of cunts mate

1 Like

Is there a team more reliant on one player, than Ireland are, currently playing in world rugby?

Who are they reliant on Chucks ?

They’re not, far from it. They’re Irish* so be proud of our Island and row in with your support.

Apart from the Kiwis and Saffers*

**could be missing other nations.

1 Like

Fair point but that was a bit of a freaky run including Warburton getting sent off in the first quarter of their SF. If he had stayed on the pitch it’s difficult to see them winning that game.

Ultimately, their coach is jokeshop and despite having a very physical team and some great players, that’s a serious disadvantage at international level.

1 Like