Rugby World Cup 2015

Home town decisions from home town referees for the most influential rugby nation in the game. Rugby is bent as fuck.

Fiji are dicking England at the breakdown

1 Like

Wales could get bonus points off Fiji as they play them last and Fiji will have a smaller squad so injury and fatigue could be issues.

It’s Rugby pal, they are hosting the tournament and most of the teams are historically inferior to them.

Farrell never saw that fella coming, he fucking minced him.

Not getting it tonight in fairness though. Fiji getting most of what they deserve.

England are simply not talented or experienced enough to win it.ireland would beat them in a semi, but that won’t happen anyway as England won’t go that route

Looks terrible on Saorview. How can we be expected to cheers on the lads against the Canucks on this joke of a channel?

Any concussions yet?

Swing low, sweet chariot…,…

ITV HD pal

TV3 is HD on UPC
the only thing good about the coverage is Brian Moore on co commentary, he is excellent, a proper rugby man also
the pre match stuff was boring TBH, Maddy Williams is decent but you need Franno alongside him like Setanta had in that great Saturday night show in 2010
lacklustre stuff tho

That’s Stuart Barnes, not Brian Moore

Huge turnover there for Fiji in terms of the group.

Bonus point would be huge point.

Fucking joke refereeing in the first half, no need to sin bin the Fijian lad he bottled out of a later yellow for Tom wood with some comment along the lines given the history in this game it’ll just be a penalty. All the smather about players respecting the ref allows the refs to ride teams when it suits them, in the very last World Cup game France were screwed after weeks of talk of how much the tournament meant to the public in New Zealand and how much money the country put into staging it, and they couldn’t really afford it after the earthquake etc, France in the final, always easy to do them, get the ref to hand it to New Zealand and he did. But did you see all the public hakas.
In the last few weeks this time we’ve had tournament organisers come out publicly, unbelievably, stating that ticket sales might suffer if England don’t make it pass the group stage as the public will lose interest. Cue a nice South African ref again, who’s firmly on message to not let the south sea savages get any momentum early. But what a brave performance from them the love throwing it around when the game gets loose.

1 Like

Christ, they are dragging the arse out of that Gareth Thomas ad already.

1 Like

I commented on this elsewhere. There’s a shameful history in the World Cup of hosts benefiting from very questionable officiating. The 2011 final as you’ve alluded to when France were simply blackguarded out of it and New Zealand weren’t allowed lose. France again were robbed in 1995 when they should have been awarded a match winning penalty try against South Africa in the semi final, not to mention Abdelatif Benazzi’s try which wasn’t awarded. Australia stayed in the 2003 final and made it to extra time on the back of some highly questionable refereeing as well.

1 Like

Racist

I missed Frano hugely from TV3’s coverage. While it’s great to see Matty back on Irish screens, you sense he misses his old mucker greatly too. Keith Wood is a deeply irritating individual and while I’ve nothing against Hugo MacNeill, he’s been out of the punditry game since his days on Rugby Special back in the early 1990s and you sense the game has passed him by, although perhaps that may turn out to be a good thing. Who knows.

I’m also jumping on the tipping Australia to win the competition bandwagon. As I’ve said many times I hate Australians in general but I’ve always been quite well disposed towards their rugby union football team, and I’d love to see Coach Cheika, a thoroughly alright sort, lead his team to the World Cup.

Who’s the 2 other Muppet presenters on the sin bin? #MOG