Rugby World Cup 2015

Gary Halpin. Kilkenny greatest ever sportsman*

*after Willie Duggan and Ned Byrne

Incorrect. Conor had that unusual accent years ago when he was commentating for TV3 before he got work with BBC

What fuckin cretin said that?

Precisely. You couldnt expect a fella with a Limerick accent to get work on the national airwaves.

:smile:

Granted I’m not au fait with all the broadcasters from Limerick, but I have heard that O Driscoll wan and jaysus tis lucky its only kids that have to listen to that.

@GeoffreyBoycott this can’t bode well for your boys regardless of where it goes from here?

You’re on the money in fairness, a neutral accent goes a long way in broadcasting, I’d never back that souptaker Wogan though saying that.

Will Leahy is doing alright for himself on 2fm, has avoided the chop and the pull of joe.ie in fairness.

Terry Wogan’s dulcet Limerick tone has enabled him to enjoy such a long and illustrious career in broadcasting.

1 Like

Its just how it is. Most of them have their accent knocked out of them if they want to truly make it. Obviously this isn’t always the case in a backwater like Ireland, worse luck for us in the case of Hector and Fat Des.

I’m a long standing critic of Stuart Lancaster and I wouldn’t have had any great expectations for England in this tournament. Until recently I fancied Australia and Wales to emerge from this group. England might just have dodged a bullet with Wales having lost so many players to injury and might now edge out Wales next week.

He is a bollix though Dodge, savage man for soup.

Jesuit educated, his a sickening cunt for me anyway. Known as Sir across the Irish Sea fucking hell. No money worth that.

Very possible, Wales are in a serious shithole right about now, which is pretty apt given the shithole Wale is. Cheika’s Australia to top the group, if England arent allowed rape them in the scrum.

Ya agree.I was in same boat. Wales seem to have over trained significantly.
England playing the first 15 here will hurt them.

Aussie will win this group. Great outside bet to win it all too.

Is TV3 broadcast in HD on the Sky platform? It’s in SD on Saorview.

Your man Nadolo is a shite kicker of a ball.

It is on Virgin Media.

Nadolo is a horse

I think the cunts signed exclusively with Sky in HD

A farce of a broadcaster

He can run though.

Why are England 2nd favourites? That’s nuts, there is no logic to it.