Rugby World Cup 2015

I agree with that, but while it’s very cliche, the French could do anything. They were absolutely rode in the final against NZ last time out and should be champions. In the Wales game, would they have lifted more and found a way if they had needed to? Maybe. They also have better players than us, and most teams, and that counts for something too.

1 Like

I am tempted to place a big bet on Ireland to win so I can jump on the bandwagon for a few weeks. It is tiring being curmudgeonly about rugby at best of times but during this Rugby World Cup unbearable.

2 Likes

That’s the spirit TUM :+1:

So proud of being Irish that you are happy to bin the Irish national anthem? You idiot.

I hope these fat gym monkeys embarrass themselves again…but it won’t matter as rugby fans and the media alike will hail them as warriors regardless their performances… A fucking sham of a game. I hope you lose hundreds on them, you cunt.

2 Likes

Chill chocolate. You’ll give yourself a hernia seething like this for 2 full months. And half of cork will be mad for this. Please don’t end up in the cork weirdo thread.

1 Like

I’ll gut all comers.

Injuries (particularly to our top 5-6 players) will be key for Ireland. Its really all boils down to the France match. Win that and we should make the final. Lose it and its a quarter final exit to New Zealand. We’re on our best run against France in over half a century, unbeaten in our last four meetings but all of those games have gone to the wire.

England are talking themselves up in a big way for a fall. I have little faith in Stuart Lancaster. They’re lost just about every key match under his tenure.

You see CM the island of Ireland is divided up into two jurisdictions. This isn’t your fault or my fault, it’s just the way it is. Along with that you have different cultures and also different allegiances, again out of our control. What is in our control is our love for Ireland. This team represents all that is good about Ireland; it represents the island as a whole, all our cultures, our history, our heritage.
I’ll be expecting you to row in behind our boys at the RWC 2015.

Éireann go Brách!!!

1 Like

What’s England’s record like against Ireland in recent years? England are probably a better team. More importantly by the time we meet them (even though that’s getting ahead of ourselves a bit), they’re bigger and have greater depth.

You could use www.google.ie and put that question in there - should come up with the answer

Wonderfully put

Nice story…you left out the part where the filthy orange cunts detest the rest of the island and burn our flag on their bonfires and paint kat on their kids faces…people from that part of this island have nothing in common with me, my culture and they can foad along with yourself. They are British and I am Irish. A 26 county Irish team would be one thing but this wankfest will never have my support. I won’t apologise for being Irish and I won’t pay lip service to cunts that detest my culture. You might be comfortable doing that but some of us were taught to stand up for what we believe and to follow through on our convictions in life.

It’s a rhetorical question, their record against us is pretty good, they’ll expect to beat us.

Yeah, you would salute the most idiotic part of his post alright.

Oh right. Thought you were being serious.

What about the law abiding folk from the Protestant faith who are Irish and are proud to be Irish? Have you a problem with them? Or do you pigeon hole all Protestants as, and I quote, “filthy orange cunts”?

Ireland = the island of Ireland. If there are people living on this island who consider themselves British, so be it; you can’t control that. Like you can’t control those who consider themselves Polish or Latvian or American. From what I can see you are being very narrow minded. We all share this island, yes there are two sovereign nations sharing the land but here is a team that represents the island of Ireland and that only be a good thing. Like the GAA represents the island of Ireland.

The anthem, well that’s just a compromise. So what if we sing a different song before a game, it’s a song about Ireland and how we are all together, standing tall, shoulder to shoulder, answering the call of the island.

Éireann Abú!!!

1 Like

Fat lads with cauliflowered ears fitting into jerseys that are too tight for them - it’s a homoerotic dream tournament for a closet tug-o-war competing, turf footing, set dancing farmer. Outside of that category, and also barring people with absolutely no common sense, it’s a few weeks when TV3’s schedule somehow will manage to be worse than usual. The unthinkable

4 Likes

Was it last year they beat us and the year before we beat them with O’Connell clearly blocking a defender for Ireland to run in a try in the gap he created? They’re arguably a better team and have a bigger pick so they can handle injuries better than us.

We beat them easily enough 19-9 in this years Six Nations. A big strong England pack is always a given. I’m not at all convinced by any of the various personnel they’ve tried at 9 & 10 in recent years. England should be focusing on Wales and Australia in the group. Any putative meeting against Ireland can’t happen until the semi final.